What is this burgee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rain Dog

Vessel Name
Rain Dog
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
Does anyone recognize this Burgee? It came with our boat. It is well made and in great condition, but I would like to know what it is before I fly it.

open

Attachments

• burgee.jpg
    burgee.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 78
Search the thread on the T Forum burgee. I yhink someone mentioned registering our design. If so, check with that registry. Otherwise, ask the PO.
JohnS

Here is a link to that registry. It probably would not take all that long to scroll through the whole lot, but easier if you could take a guess as to what the first letter is!

International Burgee Registry

In any event, a burgee would typically signify membership of an organisation, and in that case it would not be appropriate to fly it if you are not a member of the particular entity.

If you want a burgee to fly that is a conversation piece as well, you could try this one, and like me end up as a card-carrying Vice-Commodore:
https://www.sicyc.com.au/
:D

Last edited:
Here is a link to that registry. It probably would not take all that long to scroll through the whole lot, but easier if you could take a guess as to what the first letter is!

International Burgee Registry

In any event, a burgee would typically signify membership of an organisation, and in that case it would not be appropriate to fly it if you are not a member of the particular entity.

If you want a burgee to fly that is a conversation piece as well, you could try this one, and like me end up as a card-carrying Vice-Commodore:
https://www.sicyc.com.au/
:D

Reminds me of the yacht club in Atlanta. It maintain a meeting place in a bar someplace around West Paces Ferry, a high class neighborhood.
The only requirement was, you could not own a boat.
I'm not sure it is still around.

I also fly the Shaggers burgee with pride, did 7000nm around the loop and Bahamas, had lots of enquires about it. Have done another 1000+ since I returned to Australia. Have had a number of Buddy boaters join the SICYC, a great charity. Have the Vice Commodore number plate on my truck.

Interesting not-for-profit.

Wonder if they would get a lot more interest if they supported more global organizations?

Great tip about the Burgee Registry. Alas, I scrolled through them all and no luck :(

It could be an unregistered "family" burgee.

Does anyone recognize this Burgee? It came with our boat. It is well made and in great condition, but I would like to know what it is before I fly it.

open

Looks to me like a U S Power Squadron pennant.. Maybe the three rivers represent the area around Pittsburgh. The chevron blue and white strips were the tip off.

I think this is Montgomery Squadron... now disbanded
What is the prize??
Screenshot_20190415-121330_Chrome.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom