"What’s Really Wrong with Yacht Clubs"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our yacht club experience has been pretty positive. It's a small club that's located next door to a private marina where we purchased a slip. The club owns two slips for reciprocal moorage, but that's all. Some club members own or rent slips at the marina but the majority have their own docks at their houses. This is all located on Lake Washington in Seattle. Before joining we were invited on one of their trips to Blake Island in Puget Sound. We had a great time and decided to join. Our club is part of a larger group of 14 clubs in Puget Sound that share activities and sometimes facilities. We also take part in two large parades, Tacoma's Daffodil Festival and Seattle's Opening Day Parade. In addition we have reciprocal moorage at clubs from Olympia to Nanaimo in British Columbia, so that saves quite a lot of money. No matter where we go we seem to run into someone we know from one of the other clubs. I've never been one to join groups or socialize much but I have to say that I've had a very good time so far and met a lot of nice people who share my love of boating.

Our yacht club experience has been pretty positive. It's a small club that's located next door to a private marina where we purchased a slip. The club owns two slips for reciprocal moorage, but that's all. Some club members own or rent slips at the marina but the majority have their own docks at their houses. This is all located on Lake Washington in Seattle. Before joining we were invited on one of their trips to Blake Island in Puget Sound. We had a great time and decided to join. Our club is part of a larger group of 14 clubs in Puget Sound that share activities and sometimes facilities. We also take part in two large parades, Tacoma's Daffodil Festival and Seattle's Opening Day Parade. In addition we have reciprocal moorage at clubs from Olympia to Nanaimo in British Columbia, so that saves quite a lot of money. No matter where we go we seem to run into someone we know from one of the other clubs. I've never been one to join groups or socialize much but I have to say that I've had a very good time so far and met a lot of nice people who share my love of boating.

Sounds great to be a part of that larger group of clubs. We belong to a club although seldom involved with them. Mainly go there to play tennis. But we've been to many while traveling and while each has it's own culture we've never had problems. There is one not too far from home that has old timers who don't like anyone being there who doesn't live there and sometimes older members who don't know how to react to younger people. But it's just a matter of seeing if they match your needs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom