And we're off to Seattle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Departed 6:48am from Oakland, CA. I'll keep providing updates as connectivity allows. Right now we're heading to Bodega Bay. IMG_5012.jpg

Have a fun and safe cruise up. Weather is nice in Seattle this week!

Run fast and far. I would plan to spend Wed night in harbor. Thursday looks like a good day to lay up. Friday looks like a new window to carry you home.

Have an eventful but safe trip. Let us know what the rolling waves are like off of the Oregon coast.

Another one pulling up the handle on my Laz-y-Boy to watch the fun.

Bodega Bay sunny and calm; you are getting off easy. Safe travels, sounds like a fun trip.

Will you be continuing on today? I am over Northern CA and can see clear to the coast.

You didn’t say you hired Jack Defriel. You are in good hands. He knows all the harbors up the coast including the short cut past Tatoosh Island.

58199020204__DC39DDC2-C03E-4DD3-A44F-34878CD8B723.jpg

About 10 miles from Point Arena. Little more windy, but still nice enough to be operating from the flybridge, and seas are still flat. Just a mellow swell, maybe 1 foot with a period of 5 seconds. Hard to beat that!

After we left Bodega Bay, a report came over the VHF from the sheriff there to the Coast Guard letting them know someone spotted a 22 foot Great White off the swimming area at Bodega. All I could think was "we're gonna need a bigger boat..."

I'm currently on my 2 hour shift, then again from midnight to 3am for my 3 on, 6 off shift.

We're going to get dinner started soon. Spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad.

I typically don't get seasick but there is a slight underlying queasiness I've been feeling. Strange given the mellow conditions. Fortunately, I got a Scopolamine prescription and popped the patch on about 3 hours ago and it's helping.

When 3am hits, I'm sure I'll pretty much collapse regardless.

Michael, how about sharing some info about your crew, their ages and experience, etc. Also, how about lots more pictures? Your weather looks perfect, good job picking the weather to cruise in.

Nice!

While you’re transiting north, look for a 46’ Nordhavn named Northern Ranger I- she is about 70 miles behind you headed to Seattle.

Attachments

• 8D8C195C-BF95-44C9-AB9E-BFB6A62E912B.jpg
    8D8C195C-BF95-44C9-AB9E-BFB6A62E912B.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 117
When I look at the link, it doesn't seem right with many paths showing, and it seems to show you are already in Seattle.

Saw the N46 on the AIS behind them as you noted. They sure picked a great time to be off the coast of California. High pressure, uncommon for this time of year, has caused warm temps but it’s not a strong event so the winds are mild.

You are looking at Jack DeFriel’s Inreach. Jack makes a lot of delivery trips. He’s well versed in the crab pot issues, whales and bars. You will have to look very carefully to find the arrow that shows his current position. Knowing Jack, they left Oakland full of fuel, pulled into Bodega Bay to top up so Jack could get accurate consumption data and will now run around the clock to the next appropriate harbor. Newport is one of Jack’s favorite for refueling.

Its going to be a nice night out there...

When I look at the link, it doesn't seem right with many paths showing, and it seems to show you are already in Seattle.

In the map filter on the top left open the drop down menu and select current track.......:thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 8.23.24 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 8.23.24 AM.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 118
In the map filter on the top left open the drop down menu and select current track......

Thank you. I prefer to say it here rather than send one of those messages. Wish there was an easy thumbs up, kind of like Facebook has, quick and easy and you don't have to go to another area to read the thanks.

We just arrived in Crescent City. Conditions out there are still stellar. Plan is to fill up the tanks and get going again.

Jack cooked up some pasta Bolognese, which was great! IMG_5116.jpgIMG_5064.jpgIMG_5115.jpg

Leaving Crescent City with fuel tanks topped off.IMG_5118.jpg

Michael that is the greatest visibility I’ve ever seen in a trawler. Love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom