We're back, baby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
We’ve sort of been keeping it under wraps for a while but we’ve officially cleared survey, wrapped up final negotiations, and signed the Acceptance document. Our new-to-us boat is a 1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52’ cockpit motor yacht that has been well-taken care of and is in great shape. She has a large water maker, a huge house bank of batteries, a big solar array, satellite TV, and a good center console, 30 hp dinghy.

We will be renaming her “Wanderlust” and the photo of the stern has been doctored to show the new name. ?

We’re scheduled to close on March 1st and we’re very, very excited!

foggy_shot.png

transom_mockup.png

helm.png

screen_shot_2019-01-27_at_10.34.14_am.png

engine_room.png

screen_shot_2019-01-27_at_10.29.20_am.png

screen_shot_2019-01-27_at_10.29.01_am.png

screen_shot_2019-01-27_at_10.30.49_am.png

bow_thruster.png

img_0329.jpg

Nice! Where do you plan on traveling?

And what's on your upgrade list?

Nice! Where do you plan on traveling?

And what's on your upgrade list?

Good questions. Gulf side of Florida, up the east coast, and the Bahamas.

Only upgrade needed is a WiFi extender. Not really much to upgrade. She’s well-maintained and ready to rock.

Congrats

Is that your daughter? �� You guys will love it. Way to go!

Last edited:
Nice looking boat. Congrats!

Really nice, John. My best friend had a 42 Jeff and taught me all things trawlering on that boat and on my boat. Both were Perkins equipped. They're great vessels. Sounds like you got a very well maintained one to boot.

Keep us posted with your first year aboard. It's a honeymoon of sorts in that you find each other's peccadilloes.

That looks like a floating mansion!

I bet the only thing the surveyor could find was a slightly corroded hose clamp and an out of date fire extinguisher.

That looks like a floating mansion!

I bet the only thing the surveyor could find was a slightly corroded hose clamp and an out of date fire extinguisher.

Thanks, TR. You're not far off. One fire extinguisher was the old style that has been recalled. All of the others were up to date. There were two freshwater dribbles and one raw water dribble in the engine room that only manifested under WOT. At "low cruise" or hull speed, they weren't there. The seller is taking care of those. We're going to change a couple of 10" long exhaust hoses that connect the muffler to the exhaust pipes. Oh, and there was a light bulb burned out in the forward stateroom. That's about it. The surveyor and the mechanic were both very impressed. She every bit as good as her photos indicate and better in person.

Is that your daughter? �� You guys will love it. Way to go!

Thanks. That little hottie is my 55 year old wife and there's not a gray hair on her head, even after five kids. ;)

Looks like you could host a reception in the engine room. Congratulations wishing you both many happy travels.

Well, let's be honest, that describes just about all of our own boats too, right?

On my winter list... new extinguishers all-around.

I did the CO/smoke detectors last year. Not good finding circa 2004 mfg dates on them. Upside was finding black replacements instead of white, to blend in better. Even better was finding them from an RV supplier at about half the cost from typical marine sources.

WOW, she's a real beauty. Oh, and the boat's OK too. Just kidding. The boat is beautiful. Nice interior setup.

Congrats...what a beautiful boat!

That’s it. It’s official. We closed today. Wanderlust is now ours!!!

Well congrats to you. Good luck with your new baby.

Nice boat guys. Congrats and enjoy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom