Went Looking For Info and Saw These

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
Knocked my socks off!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 209
And this, check out the scale of the table saw.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 166
And this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 170
:eek: Geez ... it looks like someone had an old propane tank lying around and thought it might look good as a bulbous bow no matter how much it increased the drag and screwed up the flow past the thruster tunnel even more than it already is.

No naval architect needed, just a welder. :facepalm:

Where was the boat - the pic taken?

What's the essence here ..... size matters?

I think that's the ABD shop in North Vancouver. Design of both boats is by Al McIlwain. The one in the shop is a 104'10" by 34' farmed fish packer. She'll get a 1000 HP Cat 3508 and two 400KW cat auxiliaries.......

I thought you "trawler" types would enjoy these photos but it seems I was mistaken.

Thanks, Tad, for the ABD info, the workmanship compared with my boat which was made in 1975 is amazing. There has obviously been huge strides made in the last few years. My favourite boat for the last while is High Pockets, made by ABD, which recently sold. It's painted, but I won't hold that against her.

Cool!
I thought I'd recognized the design. Before we bought our boat, I considered 'High Pockets', also a McIlwain designed vessel. The build was great, just a little too commercial for what we were after, but who ever did buy her, got a great vessel. I think she had Cummins 450Hp commercial K19. I wonder where she is now?

Similar pic in South Louisiana, one of the Chouest group's vessels under construction in their yard On the Gulf ICW.

Attachments

• Chouest boat in shed.jpg
    Chouest boat in shed.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom