Weaver dinghy mounts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glued mine up yesterday....Stuck great afer some kneading and rolling..Not hard...Just follow the instructions to the letter. Due to the existing fittings on the boat, available Pad gluing area, small platform and fold down swim step on the starboard, I'll have to mount the davits assymetrically on the platform....Shouldn't affect function at all.

And after trying a fitting the other day without the pads glued on I found that my Swim platform is too low and too curved for the standard brackets I ordered. Made up some Riser/extenders out of some aluminum i-Beam I had on hand, Powdercoated them white (having that set-up in the garage is handy)...Now to line everything up, Mark the riser to platform holes and bolt it all together after the pads set-up. Almost ready to cruise!

20150508_144150-vi.jpg

20150509_154348-vi.jpg

20150509_150043-vi.jpg

20150509_145225-vi.jpg

Low platform mounting challenge!

IMG_0145-vi.jpg

Last edited:
This should work great...

20150510_162347-vi.jpg

Blue tape marks the Platform center:
20150510_125553-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice work around Heron. Looks very nice.

Steve, will you stow the motor on the deck?

Steve, will you stow the motor on the deck?

Hi Dave...Basically yes. I fabbed up a holder that bolts to my flybridge ladder.
It will only need to hold a 2hp Honda. Pretty much out of the way here. With a small boat you need to get creative on storing cruising gear!

20150204_134033-vi.jpg

With the help of the Sicilian, I got the dinghy mounted on the swim step. I had to move one mount to get it to work.

Attachments

• Weaver Mounts on Boat 001.jpg
    Weaver Mounts on Boat 001.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 93
Whoops, wrong photo...

Attachments

• Weaver Mounts on Boat 002.jpg
    Weaver Mounts on Boat 002.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 93
George, I bet there is a place closer than Defender, that has a set of Weaver RBD100 Black Dinghy Davits in stock. They should also offer free delivery to Ft. Lauderdale. I bet one of the guys here can think of a place like that.

Ok Mods, I know that's close to the line, but I don't think I crossed it. If I did, take it down. I'm really looking for an excuse to see his boat.

Lord have Mercy! $460?!?!? Gonna have to find something else. Too rich for my iron poor blood. ?

Whoops, wrong photo...

Hey, I sure like that wrong photo too! Meanwhile, excellent work. Dang, I guess I'm gonna have to think about this now....like I need another project already.:rolleyes:

Friar George, Where did you come up with $460. Defender sells them for $350 if you are talking about the regular Weaver RBD100 Snap Davit. With a little research, you might get them cheaper than that.

Friar George, Where did you come up with $460. Defender sells them for $350 if you are talking about the regular Weaver RBD100 Snap Davit. With a little research, you might get them cheaper than that.

You have to excuse me but I am still amazed at the prices some of this stuff fetches simply because it has the word "marine" attached to it.

Yes, I got that price on the Weaver site so a dealer would be cheaper. Still $350 bucks for $20 worth of stainless steel and some rubber pads is a hard pill for me to swallow.

I'll use some rope or tow the dingy for now and move the davits way down the list so I can take care of some more urgent tasks.

Move wife says I am tighter than Dick's hat band when it comes to money. Guess she's right.

Sorry for taking thread off topic. I feel better now. ?

Last edited:
Got mine done and put them to use this week on a 3 day cruise. Worked great. Wife loves the stability when boarding and leaving. I didn't tell her the cost but she would not have begrudged a penny of it. VERY convenient. We had lots of fun taking the inflatable up various creeks that we could now explore. George...They may be pricey, but they do the job in a relatively elegant way. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet on some of this boat stuff...
The simplicity and convenience of this set-up is well worth it IMO..

20150513_132144-vi.jpg

20150513_135653-vi.jpg

20150513_190801-vi.jpg

20150516_102050-vi.jpg

As a bonus, I got out in the creek in the inflatable and got some good pictures!
20150513_195303-vi.jpg

20150513_195517-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Steve: Your boat looks set up for fun. Hard to beat that. Good looking vessel, convenient and versatile. The Weaver system just made it better.

Look on Craig's list for a used set

I think a new set of pads is around $125? Maybe $50 for a used pair of snaps.

Nice setup Steve! Yea, I know but it sure hurts biting down on those bullets!

That is exactly what I need though. Maybe some used ones are the ticket and a replacement set of pads.

Steve: Your boat looks set up for fun. Hard to beat that. Good looking vessel, convenient and versatile. The Weaver system just made it better.

Nice setup Steve! Yea, I know but it sure hurts biting down on those bullets!

Yup!...Thanks Larry and George! It's all coming together nicely. We are having some fun on it!

Back
Top Bottom