Weather Or Knot...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim Cooper

Vessel Name
Tuna Talk
Vessel Make
CC Tournament 30
A couple weekends ago my wife and I headed out the Ft. Pierce inlet to go play with pelagic friends on the edge of the Gulstream. There was a 5 ft. swell from the east but winds were light and the duration was long. As we headed east past the seabuoy the horizon began turning dark purple, so we turned north to go around the storm clouds. As we continued northeast, the storm clouds grew wider causing us to steer further north and after an additional 15 minutes it became clear there was no opening to run to. Knowing the swell duration could change quickly surrounding the storm, I stubbornly aborted our date with the Gulfstream and headed back to the inlet.

We tossed the hook just off a spoil island inside the inlet and spent the day relaxing on the boat and in the 83 degree water. My wife prepared lunch and I drank a few beers responsibly. It wasn't what I had planned for the day but looking back, it was a great day on the water. I'm so thankful my dad decided to pack the family Rambler and move his family from land-locked Westboro, Ma. to Florida back in 1967! I immediately took to boating that year and still enjoy any day out on the water...no matter how it starts or ends.

We in the boating community are very lucky individuals indeed.

Like they say "Better to be in port wishing to be at sea, than to be at sea wishing to be in port."

Turning back wasn't stubborn, it was level headed and sensible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom