Weather for the 4th..Looks questionable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dwhatty wrote:
*Ooh! Like the classic woodie. ... And what the heck is that boat (?) in the fifth picture?
*It is a real classic woodie, a vintage navy minesweeper..*

Several have been converted to beautiful yachts with stainless steel and bronze main engines and bronze windlasses and anchors.

That minesweeper has been there at least a dozen years. I've never seen it move, never seen anyone on it.

FlyWright wrote:
That minesweeper has been there at least a dozen years. I've never seen it move, never seen anyone on it.
*My brother-in-law was the captain of a mine sweeper.* He said it was an easy job because any ship can be a mine sweeper once.* He lived to tell about it, died a natural death,*and was buried at sea.

FlyWright wrote:That minesweeper has been there at least a dozen years. I've never seen it move, never seen anyone on it.
*It might have come home to die. Fulton shipyard in Antioch built a couple of MSOs (which that appears to be) as well as other coastal minesweepers during WW2.

Pineapple Girl wrote:
I took a few random photos while there.
*I like the look of the woodie slicing through the waves.* The Coot ungracefully "shoves" the water aside.

Mark, She may shove the water aside but she does it like a man on a mission nothing is gonna stop her.

SD

Back
Top Bottom