Old 05-06-2010, 10:09 AM   #21
City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
RE: Water Stains

On the out side of the ports I use epoxy.* However, I do not total seal the bottom of the windows and ports, leaving weep holes so if there is any moister water it can escape, rather than being absorbed and trapped.* We had some stains like that under the window so I bought some solid stain to match, varnished the whole area, the lightly sand only the discolor area so the stain adhered to the sanded area and worked it with a brush so it looked/matched like area, then re varnished the area.* Sort of like antiquing! No body has noticed as teak wood changes grain and color.* If it does not come out the first time then take the stain off and do over again.* The messy/streakier the stain was the better it looked?*

Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #22
City: Tin Can Bay, Queensland, Australia
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee, Trawler
RE: Water Stains

I did think of the formica option where possible like the photo in the head there is enough of it not to look out of place.
Elsewhere might work also using white. If you try and match the woodgrain it might look out of place but contrast eg white and it looks as though it belongs

AllanY is offline   Reply With Quote