Water Softeners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Just wondering how many are using a water softner, filter system for their water. Hopcar sold me a Boji system, and it works great. A spot free rinse on the black hull, windows and eisenglass is a good thing. It is also easier on the plumbing fixtures as far as spotting goes. There is a marked difference in the water out of our tanks.

I've thought about it, as our windows spot like crazy from our dock water. I have to be religous with the water blade or chamois. My isenglass was ruined by hard water, the spots no longer come off.

Did you set it up on the dock? Do you bring it when you cruise? Any reduced water pressure?

I've thought about it, as our windows spot like crazy from our dock water. I have to be religous with the water blade or chamois. My isenglass was ruined by hard water, the spots no longer come off.

Did you set it up on the dock? Do you bring it when you cruise? Any reduced water pressure?

Hey Doug, It is set up on the dock with 3 screws. Easy to take along. There is probably a little reduced pressure.

The final rinse product looks interesting.

They are all essentially the same. Spot Free (which we have), Wet Spot and others. Use standard water softener salt to "recharge" and a standard water filter. We really liked ours, the only issue was with schlepping it around when cruising so I seldom set it up when doing a one nighter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom