Water Hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmason

Guru
Vessel Name
Lucky Lucky
Vessel Make
Pacific Mariner 65
I've always been frustrated by "garden" hoses for boat washing, water tank filling etc. I've used everything from "kink free" to the Pocket hose and they've all had drawbacks.

About a month ago, I was at Lowes and discovered a hose called Zero G. It's amazing, and it's drinking water safe. The next day I went back to Lowes and bought a second one. It's so easy to handle on board that I actually enjoy using it. And, a 5-year warranty.

No affiliation, just passing it along. Check it out.

Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com

Way cool. I'm on my way. Thanks.

No, not really. It does not shrink, it simply flattens out. It becomes so light that you can carry 50 feet on a finger or two. Guess that's why they call it Zero G. You can coil it up just like you do a dock line. Since it's fabric coated it doesn't hang up on anything, it just kind of "slides." Unfortunately it will hang up on a cleat as that seems to be a genetic trait of hoses. I also hate hoses but for a boat this is great.

I went back to Lowes to get one for a friend but they were sold out in the store. They told me to order it online if I was in a hurry.

Back
Top Bottom