Old 08-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Want / need some crew help?

This is a post from a year ago......
I retired 11 years ago and had an opportunity to spend 2 weeks on a 43' Nordhavn (Charleston to Baltimore). I got the "bug", but am hesitant to open my wallet all the way until I have more time on the water. I took private instruction for one week (live aboard) on a 42' Grand Banks and loved it. Since then have done a one week delivery as crew of a 41' American Tug (ICW Stuart Fla to Sarasota) , was captain of a 36' Grand Banks charter (ICW Sarasota to Fort Meyers) for a week and crewed on a 63' retrofitted shrimp boat...Key West to Honduras ...non stop ...5 days.
I will pay ALL of my own travel expenses and happy to show up just about anywhere to gain more experience. I am VERY fond of tugs and trawlers........"slow and steady". My experience to date is limited, but I am anxious to learn and contribute.*
I hope to purchase a 36'-42' twin screw boat in the next 12 months, but need to get a better "feel" for what I need/want.

I am 69 and in good health and living in Canada....references and all that good stuff are available!!! Hope to hear from you. I am committed to other ventures till 8/22. Happy to join you for 2-6 wks!

Nick Green
newbie68 is offline   Reply With Quote