Old 11-03-2023, 01:21 PM   #1

City: PNW
Vessel Name: Dragonfly
Vessel Model: Troller Pleasure
Dragonfly Update

Okay so I hauled out in July planing to be out of the water 30 days or so… Silly me. During that time, I have completely redone the electrical system, two Victron Multiplus Chargers/Inverters, 660 AH of Lithium batteries, 2460 watts of solar, Cerbo and GX Touch, new DC and AC circuits, new breaker panels, ect ad infinitum.
Main DD671 completely gone through including the cooling system redone. (There was a lot of “PATCH” repairs that never got done correctly) major restrictions throughout the system. DD271 Generator gone through and cooling system redone. DD371 is still to be removed. The hydraulic system used to connect the DD371 to the shaft so it could serve as a Aux was scary at best, useless at worst.

All four 250 gallon fuel tanks cleaned and scrubbed. Fuel system cleaned and redone. Again, due to patch work. Fuel Transfer system redone and new fill-rite 20gpm transfer pump.

All four 250 gallon water tanks cleaned and scrubbed, 120VAC 80 gallon pressure tank removed and replaced with a 12VDC variable speed pressure pump.

New AutoPilot, new Heading Sensor, new GPS. And after weeks of mucking about got all the electronics (18” NAV Display, Radar, Chart plotter, AIS Radio, Autopilot, Heading Sensor, GPS and Flying bridge gear) talking to each other since before nothing talked to nothing.

New bottom paint.

Am I done? No. Will it be soon? No idea. Am I quickly going broke? Yup. I desperately want back in the water, but I want Dragonfly shipshape before I do. I got the bar to cross and a coast to see.
dwpsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #2
Guru

City: Seattle
Thanks for the update Dragon. Was starting to wonder how things were shaping up. Post some photos when you can.
Mako is offline   Reply With Quote