USCG wants your Comments By Feb. 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Copy of the Federal register

[Federal Register Volume 77, Number 242 (Monday, December 17, 2012)][Notices][Pages 74686-74687]From the Federal Register Online via the Government Printing Office [www.gpo.gov][FR Doc No: 2012-30279]-----------------------------------------------------------------------DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITYCoast Guard[USCG-2012-1047]Information Collection Request to Office of Management and BudgetAGENCY: Coast Guard, DHS.ACTION: Sixty-day notice requesting comments.-----------------------------------------------------------------------SUMMARY: In compliance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, the U.S. Coast Guard intends to submit an Information Collection Request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA), requesting an extension of its approval for the following collection of information: 1625-0089, National Recreational Boating Survey. Our ICR describes the information we seek to collect from the public. Before submitting this ICR to OIRA, the Coast Guard is inviting comments as described below.DATES: Comments must reach the Coast Guard on or before February 15, 2013.ADDRESSES: You may submit comments identified by Coast Guard docket number [USCG-2012-1047] to the Docket Management Facility (DMF) at the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). To avoid duplicate submissions, please use only one of the following means: (1) Online: http://www.regulations.gov. (2) Mail: DMF (M-30), DOT, West Building Ground Floor, Room W12-140, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001. (3) Hand delivery: Same as mail address above, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. The telephone number is 202-366-9329. (4) Fax: 202-493-2251. To ensure your comments are received in a timely manner, mark the fax, to attention Desk Officer for the Coast Guard. The DMF maintains the public docket for this Notice. Comments and material received from the public, as well as documents mentioned in this Notice as being available in the docket, will become part of this docket and will be available for inspection or copying at room W12-140 on the West Building Ground Floor, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. You may also find the docket on the Internet at http://www.regulations.gov. A copy of the ICR is available through the docket on the Internet at http://www.regulations.gov. Additionally, copies are available from: COMMANDANT (CG-611), ATTN PAPERWORK REDUCTION ACT MANAGER, US COAST GUARD, 2100 2ND ST SW. STOP 7101, WASHINGTON, DC 20593-7101.FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Ms. Kenlinishia Tyler, Office of Information Management, telephone 202-475-3652, or fax 202-475-3929, for questions on these documents. Contact Ms. Renee V. Wright, Program Manager, Docket Operations, 202-366-9826, for questions on the docket.SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:public Participation and Request for Comments This Notice relies on the authority of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995; 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35, as amended. An ICR is an application to OIRA seeking the approval, extension, or renewal of a Coast Guard collection of information (Collection). The ICR contains information describing the Collection's purpose, the Collection's likely burden on the affected public, an explanation of the necessity of the Collection, and other important information describing the Collection. There is one ICR for each Collection. The Coast Guard invites comments on whether this ICR should be granted based on the Collection being necessary for the proper performance of Departmental functions. In particular, the Coast Guard would appreciate comments addressing: (1) The practical utility of the Collection; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden of the Collection; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of information subject to the Collection; and (4) ways to minimize the burden of the Collection on respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. In response to your comments, we may revise this ICR or decide not to seek an extension of approval for the Collection. We will consider all comments and material received during the comment period. We encourage you to respond to this request by submitting comments and related materials. Comments must contain the OMB Control Number of the ICR and the docket number of this request, [USCG-2012-1047], and must be received by February 15, 2013. We will post all comments received, without change, to http://www.regulations.gov. They will include any personal information you provide. We have an agreement with DOT to use[[Page 74687]]their DMF. Please see the ``Privacy Act'' paragraph below. Submitting comments: If you submit a comment, please include the docket number [USCG-2012-1047], indicate the specific section of the document to which each comment applies, providing a reason for each comment. You may submit your comments and material online (via http://www.regulations.gov), by fax, mail, or hand delivery, but please use only one of these means. If you submit a comment online via www.regulations.gov, it will be considered received by the Coast Guard when you successfully transmit the comment. If you fax, hand deliver, or mail your comment, it will be considered as having been received by the Coast Guard when it is received at the DMF. We recommend you include your name, mailing address, an email address, or other contact information in the body of your document so that we can contact you if we have questions regarding your submission. You may submit your comments and material by electronic means, mail, fax, or delivery to the DMF at the address under ADDRESSES; but please submit them by only one means. To submit your comment online, go to http://www.regulations.gov, and type ``USCG-2012-1047'' in the ``Keyword'' box. If you submit your comments by mail or delivery, submit them in an unbound format, no larger than 8-1/2 by 11 inches, suitable for copying and electronic filing. If you submit them by mail and would like to know that they reached the Facility, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard or envelope. We will consider all comments and material received during the comment period and will address them accordingly.Viewing Comments and Documents To view comments, as well as documents mentioned in this Notice as being available in the docket, go to http://www.regulations.gov, click on the ``read comments'' box, which will then become highlighted in blue. In the ``Keyword'' box insert ``USCG-2012-1047'' and click ``Search.'' Click the ``Open Docket Folder'' in the ``Actions'' column. You may also visit the DMF in Room W12-140 on the ground floor of the DOT West Building, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington, DC 20590, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.Privacy Act Anyone can search the electronic form of comments received in dockets by the name of the individual submitting the comment (or signing the comment, if submitted on behalf of an association, business, labor union, etc.). You may review a Privacy Act statement regarding Coast Guard public dockets in the January 17, 2008, issue of the Federal Register (73 FR 3316).Information Collection Request Title: National Recreational Boating Survey. OMB Control Number: 1625-0089. Summary: The Coast Guard National Recreational Boating Survey collects data on recreational boating participation and exposure to hazards. The goal is for the Boating Safety division to draw a general statistical profile of the U.S. recreational boating population. Of particular importance will be statistics on the type of boats used, activities associated with them, boat operators' knowledge of safety measures, and duration of a typical boating day (referred to as ``exposure''). Exposure data will be used to derive a reliable measure of the risk associated with recreational boating that can be used in all jurisdictions. Need: The Federal Boat Safety Act of 1971 determines the framework of the Coast Guard Recreational Boating Safety Program. This Program, as set forth in 46 U.S.C., Chapter 131, requires the Coast Guard to ``encourage greater State participation and uniformity in boating safety efforts, and particularly to permit the States to assume a greater share of boating safety education, assistance, and enforcement activities.'' See 46 U.S.C. 13102. The Coast Guard's Boating Safety division achieves these goals by providing timely and relevant information on subject activities that occur in each respective jurisdiction. The boating information provided by the Coast Guard enables each State agency to tailor and implement safety initiatives addressing specific needs of boaters in local jurisdictions. The primary objective of this collection is to provide the Coast Guard with the required information in a format suitable to effectively manage the program. Forms: None. Respondents: Recreational boating participants and owners of recreational vessels. Frequency: Every two years. Burden Estimate: This is a biennial requirement. The estimated burden has increased from 10,880 hours to 13,050 hours a year. Dated: December 10, 2012.R.E. Day,Rear Admiral, U.S. Coast Guard, Assistant Commandant for Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Information Technology.[FR Doc. 2012-30279 Filed 12-14-12; 8:45 am]BILLING CODE 9110-04-P

LOL. I'm a lawyer and am used to to verbosity, but sometimes I think that Gov'mint employees are paid per word.

Is it just me, or is anyone else having a problem opening the video? I can get the voice part, but there's no video to go with it.

but sometimes I think that Gov'mint employees are paid per word. __________________

"Work expands to fill the time available ."

C Northcote Parkenson. On buroRats.

I became board midway through second sentence. Someone tell me what it means in one sentence.

I became board midway through second sentence. Someone tell me what it means in one sentence.

If I were still practicing law I could tell you, but it would cost you $150/hr. And it would take a couple of hours minimum.

Since I am not still practicing, here's what it means in one word: Bulls***t.

The Coast Guard is hoping to offload more of its safety mission to the States and is asking for input as to what should be included in an associated survey of the recreational boating community.

Back
Top Bottom