Uscg nvdc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gts1544

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 36 Trawler
USCG NVDC SERVICE

nvdc.pdf.filing@uscg.mil

1/6/14 E-Mail and Attached Renewal Form sent
1/7/14 E-Mail acknowledging receipt of Renewal Form
1/8/14 USCG NVDC Certificate of Documentation Issued
1/9/14 USCG NVDC Certificate of Documentation postmarked
1/13/14 USCG NVDC Certificate of Documentation received

Ladies & Gentlemen,
This has been typical of the service that I have been receiving from this Federal office over the years. I have heard a number of stories bad-mouthing them. I just wanted to reveal the other side of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say!

This is consistent with my renewal in 2013. My 2012 change of ownership (the admiral was added) took four months and we had to request hardship at the end as we were cruising outside of the United States and needed an original certificate of documentation.

Marty

Ladies & Gentlemen, This is one of the reasons that our "Group Sloop" in the BVI's is corporate owned. It is so much easier to simply retrieve and reissue a share of corporate stock than it is to change USCG Documentation every time there is a change in ownership. Thanks for bringing it up, BP. George

Still waiting for my initial. Sent in early October. They cashed the check within a week. Still I wait. :banghead: someone said that they were issuing a temporary letter. Haven't seen it yet either.

Renewals have always been prompt. It's new issues, changes, etc that take 4-6 months.

Back
Top Bottom