Unsolicited Spam Private Message

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDogAK

Vessel Name
Sea Dog
Vessel Make
1991 DeFever 49 RPH
Today I received, entirely unsolicited, a spam private message from someone called Emerald Yachts. The sender was supposedly “Yacht Nautical Voyages.” I believe it is a misuse of this forum for someone to create an account and send out private messages using this forum. There is a specific Community Rule prohibiting this. I would ask the site administrators to ban this person or this business, and would encourage folks not to patronize this business. I wonder if anyone else received this.

Today I received, entirely unsolicited, a spam private message from someone called Emerald Yachts. The sender was supposedly “Yacht Nautical Voyages.” I believe it is a misuse of this forum for someone to create an account and send out private messages using this forum. There is a specific Community Rule prohibiting this. I would ask the site administrators to ban this person or this business, and would encourage folks not to patronize this business. I wonder if anyone else received this.
Me too. I already have a yacht I am very happy with, and have not been looking.
This should not be allowed.

Ditto

Me too. Something for the forum administrators to police?

Last edited:

Me as well, spam is infiltrating everything it seems these days :nonono:

Ban 'em.

I think the solution overall to spammers is to revive the idea of a federal bounty: bring the ears of a spammer into the fed office, and you get $20. Just like they used to do with other vermin.

I got it and reported it, too. Using this forum for free advertising is unacceptable and sleazy.

HA! We still have "varmint" bounties in South Dakota in state law. Wouldn't want to be a coyote. I got one of those messages too, although ironically the URL was misspelled in the sender's profile so I got a dead link. "Emerland" for Emerald... I'll bet that sender will get nuked by the mods pretty quickly.

My Emerald Yachts spam came from New Member "Yacht Jewel Breezes".

The scumbag must have multiple member accounts.

Received one from Emerald Harbor Explorers, as well. Agree with the others...... ban them...... and all their accounts. Probably some kind of "bot"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom