universal outboard company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silentfaith

has anyone bought a outboard motor from this overseas company. they have prices that are 1500.00 less than local dealers for the 20hp honda i am looking for. were you satisfied with your buying process?

This from another site:

the consensus was that they were not for real not to mention that even if they were, you would have no recourse of action should the engine have an issue. The manufacturers will not warranty engines that were bought outside of the US or the country that is servicing the warranty. There was also serious discrepancies with their freight costs and the fact that they don't take credit cards was a major red flag. While I don't blame them for not taking credit cards for large sales from international customers, the fact that you as the buyer have no protection against being scammed makes the risk not worth it in my opinion.​

Now, my quote: If it sounds too good to be true.......it probably is.

Not sure of this company directly, but when I contacted a reputal outboard sales website about matching the price they pointed out where the company came from and it wasn't the USA, so risk factor goes way up.

BandB wrote;
"you would have no recourse of action should the engine have an issue."
Some to most people are a little more independent than that.
You mean fix for free? Nope ... remember the price locally is $1500 more. That's not very free. Could be an advantage if it was a really expensive problem but that's probably rare on a new outboard.

BandB wrote;
"you would have no recourse of action should the engine have an issue."
Some to most people are a little more independent than that.
You mean fix for free? Nope ... remember the price locally is $1500 more. That's not very free. Could be an advantage if it was a really expensive problem but that's probably rare on a new outboard.

The point is that we don't know if these are new outboards. Could be reconditioned. Could be used. Count not be repairable. Could be non-existent. And paying by cash or transfer you are left with no recourse. Yes, you might save, but you might lose big time, up to the entire price of the engine.

Back
Top Bottom