Under boat tree this year.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, I feel kind of silly, but following an old trick I learned from Hopcar, I just kept turning the parts until I found at least two bolt holes that lined up. That's all there was to it! Is this thing going to look great on my bow pulpit or what?:thumb::thumb:

That's the ticket.... I think they call that configuration the "speed" setting.

I've always questioned the worthiness of "hoop" anchors anyway.

Nope. Don't weld it. Put lots of silicone on one side a lots of 3M 5200 on the other. Try to mush them together through the remaining holes to get the best bond.
No silicone, you might want to paint it.

I'm thinking you would only use an all-shackle rode with that. :rofl::popcorn:

Had the Admiral over my shoulder guiding me through the assembly this time. Looks much better! I must say I'm a bit surprised at the bredth of the fluke. This is a large anchor for 45 lbs.. It will replace our 35 lb. Bruce as the main and the Bruce will be moved over to replace the plow. The FX 37 fortress goes on the rail and the plow goes in the bow locker with an FX 23 stern anchor. This should serve us well on the Loop launch in the Spring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
After the earlier efforts I`m equally surprised by the fluke.:whistling:

I've always questioned the worthiness of "hoop" anchors anyway.

The purpose is to roll the anchor around to dig if it hits the bottom upside down.

I have a 77lb Rocna. Same design, except mine is welded. I am a little Leary about the bold together. I could prove to be a weak spot.

BTW, my Rocna always set, always, on my trip up the inside passage last summer. Never dragged.:thumb::popcorn:

That's qute an anchor inventory you're carrying, HH! That ought to serve you well on your DitchTrip.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom