Ugliest Trawler in the World? Nordhavn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nomadwilly wrote:
Phil,

You better not let us down now after that promise as I'm already drooling.

Phil wrote "wantabe forward slanting windows are on the ugly side.* The older classic boats/trawler had lines/style/class to them as they where more sleeker and low profile." You're showing you're connection to association as the means to preferring a certain style. However I agree w you and probably partly or largely due to my age.
As promised http://www.flickr.com/groups/classicmotoryachts/pool/* Not the one Ias going to post, which does not work, but will due.
The Malibu, Thea Foss, Virginia V and many of the rum runners are moored on Lake Union/Washington.* The Malibu and Thea Foss where moored the next marina over from us and the professional captain/crew keep. ***The Thea Foss was know for crashing through docks as she is steel.* The Malibu sank, rolled over when aground about 10 years. I heard the retrofit was 3 million.* The Malibu rolling over is why I want to instlled bilge keels on the Eagle to help prevent rolling over.*
Each 4<sup>th</sup> of July, there at the Wood Boat Center they have a classic boat show tham many of the classic boats shown come to. Most of the classic boats under 45 ft are boat house keep, but most over 45 ft are out side in the 10 months of PNW weather. The Eagle was the closed trawler boats that my wife could find that that had the classic line/charm that we could afford at the time.*
Anyway, enjoy and don't drool to much***

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:24:18 AM

-- Edited by Phil Fill on Monday 4th of April 2011 11:44:56 AM

Back
Top Bottom