Twistedtree...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru
Peter;
One of my pals is skipper of Island Fury, which tows logs from Knight Inlet to Howe Sound.

One day last week, I opened Marine Traffic AIS to see where he was and found him southbound Cordero Channel. Abeam, to my surprise, was Tanglewood, northbound. How cool is that?

When I told skipper and showed him your boat, he said he had seen you and commented to the crew, “that’s one serious, early, Alaska bound yacht ”

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

A little off the thread but do you have to log in to the AIS site to get a legend of the meaning of the different colors on the chart? I couldn't find it.

Thanks
Ken

Thank You.
I knew it was somewhere but occasionally I need help. ?

ktdtx,
The vessel codes are in the fiter in the drop down menu on the left side of the screen.

Peter;
One of my pals is skipper of Island Fury, which tows logs from Knight Inlet to Howe Sound.

One day last week, I opened Marine Traffic AIS to see where he was and found him southbound Cordero Channel. Abeam, to my surprise, was Tanglewood, northbound. How cool is that?

When I told skipper and showed him your boat, he said he had seen you and commented to the crew, “that’s one serious, early, Alaska bound yacht ”

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hah, small world.

We are in Prince Rupert now to wait out a gale tomorrow at Dixon Entrance. We've been pushing through pretty fast to meet some friends in Sitka.

Back
Top Bottom