A twist on Single or Twins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve

Guru
Vessel Name
Gumbo
Vessel Make
2003 Monk 36
We can see how this guy feels!
Steve W

Attachments

• Sailboat twin outboards.jpg
    Sailboat twin outboards.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 143
I like it. What's the "twist" other than it's an OB twin? Should be able to cruise at hull speed. May sound a bit odd w one 2 stroke and one 4 stroke engine. I usually prefer 2 stroke OBs but here I'd rather have 4 stroke.

Now w a proper pilothouse it could be my old man boat of the distant future.

That's redundant.
That's redundant.

I want to see him pilot it with both engines on while backing up by himself. :) Hope he has long arms.

Common for o/b runabouts venturing offshore to carry a small second motor already in place,but it is usually off to one side with the primary engine centrally mounted. Quite odd. Anyway, you can see he has no color bias.

Uh, guys, it's a sailboat.

Maybe he has the new v/p controls and operates them with a joystick.

He's been to J C Whitney and has bought several of their "increase you fuel mileage 20%" devises. So now he is making enough gas with the 8 HP Johnson that he can feed the Yamaha. Can't just throw the extra fuel over board he has to use it.

Sail boaters call the engine of what ever kind the auxiliary. Sail being the primary.
So he has an auxiliary auxiliary.

He's been to J C Whitney and has bought several of their "increase you fuel mileage 20%" devises. So now he is making enough gas with the 8 HP Johnson that he can feed the Yamaha. Can't just throw the extra fuel over board he has to use it.

Boy that's what I need. Do they make those devices for diesel?

He might try dual 2 stroke leaf blowers. In the water at the stern or pointed directly at the sail when the wind dies

Back
Top Bottom