Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #21
Scraping Paint
City: -
We used Associated to truck the GB we bought in Alameda, CA to Puget Sound. They did a great job. They told us that of the GB line the GB36 is the largest model that can be trucked on the West Coast without having to remove the flying bridge which is a huge hassle and expense because it then has to be put back on correctly.

They said on the east coast with older roads, lower, old and narrow bridges, and bridges in poor condition, the flying bridge of a GB36 may have to come off depending on the route they had to take. Even here they recommended hauling our boat to a yard in Tacoma rather than all the way to Bellingham because there were a couple of iffy clearances north of Tacoma.

The cost in 1998 for this haul was just shy of $4,000 which included the pilot car and driver. The haul took two days.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #22
City: Bend
Vehicle shippers can be a slippery bunch so if you've got a good recommendation and you get a good feel from them, that's something I would probably pursue. I've used a car shipper, a1autotransport for boats, in the past and they were definitely one of the more affordable options I came across. I was only going from Texas to California at the time, but they operate throughout the U.S. I believe.

Wooltier is offline   Reply With Quote