Trawlerfest in Baltimore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

34 Europa

Veteran Member
Hi All,

I am looking for opinions on Trawlerfest. We are thinking of heading from Vancouver BC to Baltimore to check it out (will double as our 25th Anniversary trip :)) We are looking for something to learn a little about boating as well as repairing/maintaining a boat. Is it worth the trip?

Our boat is home now, and we have begun the "restoration" but we figure the more we can learn the better!

Thanks!

K

I would not consider the Baltimore Trawlerfest worth a trip from BC. It is a real nice show and a great day, but its not a real long drive from NJ.

If you were doing other sightseeing or boat shopping on the East Coast-- then go for it.

Just my 2cents--JohnP

Never having attended one of these events, I would also like to hear what veterans of Trawlerfest think. I'm attracted by the concept, but for some years, boat shows in general have become a turn-off. Access is difficult, admission is expensive, the food and beverage concessions are overpriced - all just so I can mill around like a sheep being stalked by vendors who probably also feel exploited. Maybe TF is different?

Trawlerfests are a big jump up from the average boat show unless looking for accessories...

They used to have a trawlerfest in Paulsbo, WA....none on the west coast this year? It could be a vacation..but you REALLY have to want to attend and do a lot to make it worthwhile for the time and money spent.

We went to the Baltimore show from Dallas Texas. We had a boat lined up to look at and we found one other boat for sale that we had a pretty good look at. In terms of what the vendors had floating at the dock I did not think I would have been too happy if that was all I had come for.
It does give you a good chance to walk around on different boats and if you are still at the stage of not knowing at all what you are looking for then it may be worth the trip.

Not a lot of boats and only about a dozen vendors. Not worth the trip. I won't go again. They do have a lot of good classes but all of them are during the week.

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice... Sounds like we will wait until next year, and go when it is on the West Coast :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom