Old 01-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #21
Living Aboard in San Diego

Originally Posted by Ti22 View Post
Randall B, Good question. I hadn't even thought about that being a major consideration. San Diego is home. Relatives in Seattle. Sister in St. Mary's County, MD. Definitely not close together, but there are waterways from all to all! I'd be basing out of San Diego (or Ensenada).
Hello, you mentioned that San Diego is home. We split our time between Riverside and San Diego and have lived aboard (part time) for five years on Harbor Island. We just returned to boating after being away for a few years. There is a lot more than just finding the right boat to enjoy this great life style. We have written a few articles, a small book and presented seminars at Trawler Fests about living aboard and enjoy sharing our experiences (good and bad). If you would like to discuss in detail please feel free to contact us at

John T.
La Tempestad

N4061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #22
City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
I can highly recommend the classes at Club Nautique up in Alameda Ca, and based on my wife's experience, those given by Seasense based in St Petersburg. Both very professional, hands on , and well organized.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote