Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member
City: The Great State of Florida
Vessel Name: Always Home
Vessel Model: DeFever 47 POC
Trawler Fest - Ft. Lauderdale vs Anacortes

Good day mates!!

Newbie - lurker, here. We hope to do the AGL loop when husband retires. At least, start there.

Early next year Passagemaker folks sponsor the TrawlerFests. One in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl ( Feb 2013) and Anacortes, WA ( May 2013).

Your opinion... is there a difference between trawler fests ? East coast vs West Coast?

We want to get some education. Put some eyeballs on different kinds of boats judging size and livability. Husband is 6'3". Son is 6'5". Need space for these two big/tall gents. We live in Mid Arizona so the Anacortes would be closer and cheaper. BUT, would they have the same boat types?

Shows you how much I know about boats, huh? Please be kind. I am lurking and reading as much as I can from all you experts.

Thanks much!!

OneofSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
City: Thibodaux, Louisiana
Vessel Name: Gumbo
Vessel Model: 2003 Monk 36
I'm thiking it would be best to go where you plan to cruise once you buy your boat. I have never been to Anacortes, I have been to Ft Lauderdale many times there are more boats than you can imagine around there.
Good luck
Steve W

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
City: Cowichan Bay, BC
Vessel Name: Gray Hawk
Vessel Model: Defever 43 Offshore Cruiser
Lots of boats at the Anacortes show too. I agree - go to the show where you plan to keep the boat. I've never been to the Ft. Lauderdale show so can't comment on it but I can say that PNW boating is different than Florida boating. The basic boats will be more or less the same but they will be equipped differently and the other attendees will have a different set of interests. That's the main value of an event like Trawlerfest - all the other boat people that you will meet and interact with.
bobofthenorth is offline   Reply With Quote