Transport by truck?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Pacifica
Vessel Make
Cape Dory
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a yacht transport service or personal experience with a transporter in Washington state?

Yup; I work with them all the time with clients moving boats:

Dudley's Transport- Tacoma
Dudley Boat Transportation

Associated Boat Transport- Marysville
Associated Boat Transport Inc.

I DO NOT recommend anyone transporter that advertises on uship UNLESS they can prove they carry proper liability coverages and own their tractor and trailers. Many on uship are brokers that negotiate a rate, then have your boat towed by several outfits.

If you have a loss, who would you go after? The broker? Not likely they have adequate liability coverages.....

I really appreciate the suggestions as we're scrambling to find a shipper, thanks so much!

You should pick up a free MPC Boaters Directory at most marine places which has at least 2 dozen listed. If you bought the boat through a broker they should aslo be able to help you.

Let me know if you need some others name.

Yup; I work with them all the time with clients moving boats:

Dudley's Transport- Tacoma
Dudley Boat Transportation

Associated Boat Transport- Marysville
Associated Boat Transport Inc.

I DO NOT recommend anyone transporter that advertises on uship UNLESS they can prove they carry proper liability coverages and own their tractor and trailers. Many on uship are brokers that negotiate a rate, then have your boat towed by several outfits.

If you have a loss, who would you go after? The broker? Not likely they have adequate liability coverages.....

I'm not familiar with uship, but it sounds suspiciously like the approach Yachtpath had, and we all know how well that turned out.

Just a follow up... after your suggestions we contacted Associated Boat Transport- Marysville ( Associated Boat Transport Inc. ).

They did a great job - fast, courteous, helpful and careful. Couldn't ask for more :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom