Tollycraft QBBL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll get a response from our resident "buttock" expert...

giphy.gif

Welcome aboard Firststone!

Actually, in comparison to most other things, I've found the Tolly 34 buttock line rather ho-hum. Art, our resident Tolly expert and groopie, will probably slam me for saying that.

Attachments

• 34 tolly buttock line.jpg
    34 tolly buttock line.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 59
This is just a guess .... 0 degrees.

All planing hulls are basically O and as far as I know all Tollycraft boats are 100% planing hulls. They are however more efficient than other similar boats .. like the Uniflite's. At the WL most Tollycraft are narrower than most as their flare is carried all the way to the transom .. so are more easily driven. Don't know if they are lighter but if so they will be even more efficient. There's a price for everything though and in this case it's a bit less stability. In the PNW where both boats were made the Uniflite owners call the Tollycraft "Tippy Tollies". I worked at Uniflite in the 70's and they were very stable boats so the Tollies are probably more typical or "average". The Tollies are definitely better looking than the Uniflite's and my job status was not enhanced when I said as much. But I even said worse.

Larry,
I don't care for that chine at all. May be slightly more stable and may have come about as a result of the "Tippy Tolly" flack fly'in around but I'd feel more comfortable in big water with a simple or normal chine. Lower wetted surface too. Mr Tollifson may have offered it as a bit of a bilge keel, anti- roll fins or whatever.

Last edited:
tollycraft b***

Thank for all the info, made me laugh a little. I am looking at a 34 this weekend and was trying to figure out the min requirement to replace the gas engines with a diesel and possibly a diesel/electric conversion.

thefirstone,
Have you seen the article in a Passagemaker magazine several years ago on diesel electric power for pleasure boats? Many profound advantages innital investment not being one of them. I have the magazine.

diesel/electric

No I will have to look it up. I have seen quite a few sites that do all electric and I know that they are promoting eco boating but you really can't go anywhere with just electric. I like the idea of short in port/inlet cruising on electric only and then under power out in the big stuff. Plus if you have engine failure and enough solar/battery cap you can limp to port, maybe:ermm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom