Told my Schwab guy I want to retire w/Yacht

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustBob

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
2018 Hampton Endurance 658
And so he gave me this brochure. Hmmm. Not exactly what I was thinking boat wise?

Attachments

• retire-111352.jpg
    retire-111352.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 263
Fire him. Get one who is more in line with what your goals are.

He's a smart guy. He's leading you to what will preserve your retirement funds.

Everyone is so serious here? Tongue in cheek post!

Sounds like the disk jockey cum financial advisor your see on TV.

David

I think it's right on the money for really experienced cruisers....:thumb:

At some point, the boat becomes too much and simpler is better. :banghead:

I always said my last boat will be a really nice canoe on some mountain lake, pulled up in front of a nice cabin. Lowest stress boating there is in my mind but the kayak and some others fit the bill too. :dance:

I ended my Schwab adviser relationship several years ago after weak investment returns, a questionable strategy, and a condescending attitude. Had I not done that, I would likely be the guy in the kayak, wondering when I might be able to retire.

My financial advisor just sold his sailboat and bought a used NT32.

Maybe he thought the market is going to crash. He wanted you to stuff the bow and stern of that kayak with gold coins put the boat on top of your truck and head north.

So far just using some common sense and going against "professional investment advice"....my investments have blown away most advice my friends have received.

I am guessing the whole push for legislation making investing advisors pick between greed and actually caring about investors holds great merit.

So far just using some common sense and going against "professional investment advice"....my investments have blown away most advice my friends have received.

I am guessing the whole push for legislation making investing advisors pick between greed and actually caring about investors holds great merit.

Yes. The advisors usually have the biggest yachts. [emoji30]

Arrjjj I still using Schwab for financial advising!!
...the good new is I sold a sailboat to this guy so it's hook up!!
..a sweet revenge for everybody... ;)

Bingo!

You talk him into that Dave?

No. I have known this guy a long time and went in to see him this last year to help me with the math as to when my wife could retire. I went over the financial changes recently, including buying another boat. That was when he told me that he and his wife had just bought a NT32 out of Annacortes. He sold his sailboat right away, using the broker whom I suggested. I am still trying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom