Old 11-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #1

City: Moss Landing CA
Vessel Name: VALIANT
Vessel Model: 47' Sea Ranger Europa/Pilothouse Trawler
Today I turn 35...

I received an email from Trawler Forum wishing me a happy birthday! Sweet!
I'm 35 now and despite the newly found ear hair growing out of my head I'm stoked to be where I am in life. From the memories of Fishing Salmon with my grandfather at the age of 4 where I went by the name of "chum" due to my constant vomiting over the rail to a 35 year old "ear hair sprouting" man, married with a kid on the way. I've made some poor decisions in my life but the good finally out way the bad now. I've managed to successfully start my own company (Marm Productions) shooting and editing various videos for people and companies all over the world where I finally get paid to do what I love and I'm my own Boss. By far the most challenging and risky think I've eeeever done but well worth it to follow your dream. So I say, if my friends still like me, my family still likes me and even my wife, life is pretty damn good. Bring it on 35!

Check out one of my latest projects I put together for GoPro and stay afloat my sea friends.

Marm,
Attached Files

Marm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Vessel Name: Beachcomber
Vessel Model: Sea Ray 550 Sedan Bridge
Well happy birthday to you! 35 eh? I don't even think I can remember that far back.

I enjoyed the video. Sure wish I could enjoy the crabs!

Old 11-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
Happy Birthday!!! I bought my first trawler at 35!!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #4
Guru

City: AR
Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Ahhhh to be 35 again...it's all downhill from here. In what you'll be SURE couldn't have been more than year from now, you'll be 40...3 months after that AARP will surprise you with the news that "now you're 50 and eligible for membership" ...60 a month later...and the following week you'll start receiving junk mail from every medicare supplement provider in the country reminding you that you're about turn 65. 3 days later your birthday cake will have 70 candles on it...and you'll realize it's true: inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened!

Peggie @ 73
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Home Port: Buck's Harbor, Maine
Vessel Name: "Emily Anne"
Vessel Model: 2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Ahhhh to be 35 again...it's all downhill from here. In what you'll be SURE couldn't have been more than year from now, you'll be 40...3 months after that AARP will surprise you with the news that "now you're 50 and eligible for membership" ...60 a month later...and the following week you'll start receiving junk mail from every medicare supplement provider in the country reminding you that you're about turn 65. 3 days later your birthday cake will have 70 candles on it...and you'll realize it's true: inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened!

Peggie @ 73
Yup. Right on.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale
Wifey B: Omg Marm, you're almost as old as me. Hope you feel as young as I do. 18 forever. Well, maybe 21. I turned 36 in June.
BandB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
Guru

City: Port Orchard, WA
Vessel Name: Violet A
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Happy Birthday. Hope you are paying into Social Security. I need it.

The five stages of life: Sailboats, Motorboats, Motor Homes, Nursing Home, Funeral Home.
windmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:42 PM   #8
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmist View Post
Happy Birthday. Hope you are paying into Social Security. I need it.
Wifey B: I know you were talking to the OP, but when I was working in my previous job I wasn't. Teachers pay into state teacher retirement systems. I do pay into social security now, but I've only paid in 3 years. Yet, I'd draw based on hubby's. Lot's of weird things with how teachers are treated.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #9

City: LAFAYETTE,LA
Vessel Name: Relenti
Vessel Model: Atlantic 30, 1983
Quote:
Happy Birthday, Mike!!

Peggie @ 73
I just want to know how all these hearing aid companies know how bad my hearing is!!!
ddalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #10
Guru

Sincere thanks to Peggie and all the rest of the older ones here

Wifey B: Deep thanks to all the older members here and to the older people in our lives. I'll admit that sometimes the thought of aging once scared me a bit, but now I see so many of you, active, living life, truly alive and not just existing and you make great role models to those of us who are younger. Much of the time we're surrounded by people younger than we are, although we don't feel older. I also know there are those here who have lost spouses and those who have health challenges. Still the fact you're here, talking about something you love, all I can say is thank you.

Adding. On here you don't seem older, just like us, except when you talk about something from before I was born.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:53 PM   #11
Guru

City: Miami Florida
Vessel Name: Possum
Vessel Model: Ellis 28
Thirty five! What a coincidence, I have a pair of underwear turning thirty five today.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #12
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalme View Post
i just want to know how all these hearing aid companies know how bad my hearing is!!!
what????????

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:40 PM   #13
Guru

What did he say???
Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 PM   #14

City: Duvall, Wa
Vessel Name: Beach Music II
Vessel Model: 2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
I used to joke with the younger guys at work that I had tee shirts older than they were. The sad thing is it was true. The sadder thing is I still do.
porman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:51 PM   #15
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Lotus
Vessel Model: Clipper (CHB) 34 Sedan/Europa style
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Peggie said...

"3 days later your birthday cake will have 70 candles on it...and you'll realize it's true: inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened!"

My God...ain't that the truth..!

PS. If that avatar pic is even half true, you've weathered the years very well Peg...can we call you Peg..?
Old 11-07-2015, 12:57 AM   #16
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
I'm 60 and holding... for many, many years - Can undeniably prove it! Just ask me!!!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #17
TF Site Team

City: California Delta and SF Bay
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Happy Birthday, Nick! Sounds like you have a good handle of life's priorities and and on a secure path to happiness. You will definitely reap what you sow.

You share a birthday with my 26 yr old daughter. Mine was 2 days prior...just turned 58. While I agree that life passes quickly, it's the smiles that count, not the miles. Also, it helps to hang out with folks much older than you. It keeps you feeling younger. That's why I'm here!

Custom Google Trawler Forum Search
FlyWright is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #18
Guru

Years ago I read that people should always make sure to have some friends who are at least 10 years younger than you are, so you can't outlive all your friends. It's advice I do my best to follow.

Art, member of my church donate altar flowers each week in memory of or to celebrate an event. My dad (who, btw, passed away in 2010 at age 95) always bought them for my mother's birthday and mine. The week of my 63rd b'day, the announcement in the church bulletin read "to celebrate the anniversary of my daughter's 39th birthday."

Thanks for the compliment, Pete! My profile photo is the real me!
Old 11-07-2015, 03:20 PM   #19
Guru

Quote:
Years ago I read that people should always make sure to have some friends who are at least 10 years younger than you are,

Thanks for the compliment, Pete! My profile photo is the real me!
First, you are extremely attractive for your age or any age. As to the younger friends, yes for many reasons. Of course I start with a younger wife. However, younger friends help keep you young, new generations challenge your way of thinking and your outlook on life. We officially have no kids but much of the time we're surrounded by three now 20 year olds who have earned the nickname of The Brat Pack. They earned that at 18/19. It's great to just celebrate their liveliness and enthusiasm. We love when we show them something that is new to them. Suddenly it takes on a new feel to us as well. On the other hand, our older friends bring something very special and important to our lives as well.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #20
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:

Art, member of my church donate altar flowers each week in memory of or to celebrate an event. My dad (who, btw, passed away in 2010 at age 95) always bought them for my mother's birthday and mine. The week of my 63rd b'day, the announcement in the church bulletin read "to celebrate the anniversary of my daughter's 39th birthday."
Peggie - That was very nice item for your dad to have done! Bet you had some Big Smiles plastered on your face!

Reason why I will [seemingly] forever remain at age 60 (see my post 16) is due to my splendid granddaughter Harlow (now 3 yrs. old). Although not at all predicted by doctors and the like... throughout Taune's pregnancy... I kept the thought and often mentioned that her first born would be on my 60th Birthday. So it was. I instantly bequeathed the new born all my birthdays, for the next 50 years, to Harlow alone. That means I will turn 61 at my 110 years on Earth's calendar. And... number 110 (2062) is my life goal I've been visualizing, i.e. striving toward, for decades as the end year to my living days.

BTW - To others, on day of Harlow's actual arrival - via inclusion from my prediction box, I also clearly stated that upon my death in 2062 Harlow would due to good reason cease having birthdays for her next 60 years. Which of course means that in 2112 she will turn 51 at her 110th yr. on Earth 's calendar... Always good to have gals keep younger years when asked their age – LOL

With that said… my predictions could get thoroughly trumped by T and T.

Art is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crabbing, gopro, marmproductions, pacific ocean