Times Square Ball Drop - And Link To The Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: But the ball drop is so.....passe. :rofl:

When you can go to Key West and have, oh let's see....

At Bourbon Street Pub, they drop Drag Queen "Sushi" in a ruby red high heel shoe.

At Sloppy Joe's, a huge conch shell.

At First Flight, a flight attendant in an airplane.

In the Historic Seaport, a pirate wench from the top of a mast.

The Marathon lighthouse does have an anchor drop.

One place, and I forget where, has a key lime wedge into a margarita glass.

I heard or read somewhere had a tuna drop but haven't seen that one.

Occasionally they have others but the Wench and the Drag Queen are the most popular. Imagine if in Times Square they dropped a stripper down a stripper pole. :D

Greetings,
Mr. m. Interesting but I thought dropping balls was a sign of male puberty having to do with the gubernaculum and such...

RTF, I always know I can count on you to inject some tidbit of wisdom into such serious topics as this. Thank you, and Happy New Year to those whose balls drop at the precise moment.

and the dropping peach in Atlanta.

Being in Time Square for NYE has never been on my To Do list.
Sadly, a crowd can become a mob without warning.

and the dropping peach in Atlanta.

Being in Time Square for NYE has never been on my To Do list.
Sadly, a crowd can become a mob without warning.

I'm far too claustrophobic for something like that. Even with Carnival in Panama, I stayed carefully to the edge of the crowd. Plus it's typically cold. Wifey B could handle it but has no desire. Can see it far better on tv.

I'm far too claustrophobic for something like that. Even with Carnival in Panama, I stayed carefully to the edge of the crowd. Plus it's typically cold. Wifey B could handle it but has no desire. Can see it far better on tv.

Ah yes, the old and reliable excuse, 'my wife she....' LOL

Odd. Ball drop in cold midwinter? Here it usually only occurs in hot weather

Greetings,
Mr. BK.

200.webp

We were in Manhattan for NYE 1998. It was FREEZING! we ended up going for dinner then back to the hotel and had drinks there listening to the crowd outside and watching on TV - no regrets!

Now they pen people up, can't leave can't do anything but stand there for hours and seconds after it drops the place is empty and just garbage. Total tourist thing.

Sorry to mention this part but, because of the current activity from oversea and homegrown, Time Square and other highly populated areas just aren't as safe as they used to be.

Sorry to mention this part but, because of the current activity from oversea and homegrown, Time Square and other highly populated areas just aren't as safe as they used to be.

Wifey B: But then neither is anywhere else, especially our schools. :cry::cry::cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom