Time to move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donna

Guru
Vessel Name
Southerly
Vessel Make
1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
So the time has come to move Southerly. While Palm Coast Marina has served its purpose, it's time to move on for a few reasons.

As of this Monday, her home port will be Yacht Harbor Marina, Palm Coast. (Ocean Hammock)

I am excited about this move and thank Palm Coast Marina who has served her well over the past 9 months.

The Everett marina is being remodel and our dock the commercial dock is being taken out. We we have to decide to stay in Everett or move to another marina. Being retired with no ties we can move were we want. Along with that is weather we sell the boat or not. 6 month during the summer we live on the boat and 6 months during the winter live in the rv down south during the winter. So we will see what the future holds.

The older we get the less we want to own and have to maintain. We are good with small space and not much stuff because we been a live about for 19 years. Being a live aboard can be liberating. :flowers:

We're on our 3rd marina in 10 years. There is nothing wrong with moving around a bit. You get to meet new people and make new friends. After a while you can't cruise to a neighboring port or regional anchorage and not run into somebody you know.

This past weekend we were out at a local anchorage and an impromptu party broke out on the boat Saturday afternoon. People and couples from 3 different places all showing up by dinghy to say hi, nobody new each other but everyone was having a good time anyway.

The results of some change can be really good regardless of the catalyst that prompted the change.

So the time has come to move Southerly. While Palm Coast Marina has served its purpose, it's time to move on for a few reasons.
One of the great advantages of living on a boat! No packing or unpacking...just move! :blush:

I don't live on my boat. I have a brick and mortar residence. I am just moving the boat to a different marina with greater amenities. It's a good move for my boat and I get to enjoy a lot more even if I am just doing maintenance on her.

I don't live on my boat. I have a brick and mortar residence. I am just moving the boat to a different marina with greater amenities. It's a good move for my boat and I get to enjoy a lot more even if I am just doing maintenance on her.

You live on dirt:eek: when you bought the boat I got the impression you where going too live on it. Everett is our 3 marina in 19 years, and will be forced to new slip. If we don't like the new slip then we would also look at selling and buying a bigger motor home so we might becoming to an areas near you.;) We are looking at areas for the winter as summer are to hot humid.

Did you look at the Hammock Beach Resort Marina?

As of this Monday, her home port will be Yacht Harbor Marina, Palm Coast. (Ocean Hammock)

I am excited about this move and thank Palm Coast Marina who has served her well over the past 9 months.

Wifey B: I think you'll love it on the other side of the tracks....I mean ICW. :D

Amenities are nice to have. :)

Did you look at the Hammock Beach Resort Marina?

It is the same marina. The actual marina is called "Yacht Harbor Marina", but slip rental comes with all the amenities of hammock beach resort. Will I be seeing you around the 4th?

It is the same marina. The actual marina is called "Yacht Harbor Marina", but slip rental comes with all the amenities of hammock beach resort. Will I be seeing you around the 4th?

I looked at their website. No pricing info on slip rentals. Do you have any info that you could share? We purchased our boat at Ppalm Coast and stayed there for three weeks before driving her home to Maryland.

I looked at their website. No pricing info on slip rentals. Do you have any info that you could share? We purchased our boat at Ppalm Coast and stayed there for three weeks before driving her home to Maryland.

You would need a 50 foot slip. That would be on G dock. Great access in and out. Yearly lease is about is about 3 dollars a foot less than month to month. Contact Neil.

You sure will.

This year somehow I got stuck with the Trip Captain's job. So getting back at the beginning of June after three months in the islands I had to start scrambling to get everything lined up - and I am just about there.

We have 13 boats coming down, and another 20 land yacht people in the condos and hotel. So over 40 in total.

Docktail either above the condos pool or on the docks on Saturday, LaPiazza Cafe over in European Village on Sunday, and BBQ and fireworks on the lawn on Monday. Pools, beach, golf the rest of the time.

We will be down there Friday afternoon to make sure everything is lined up! Leaving Tuesday the fourth.

So stop on by. We will be the boat with all the flags and people on board with funny accents!

Last edited:
You sure will.

This year somehow I got stuck with the Trip Captain's job. So getting back at the beginning of June after three months in the islands I had to start scrambling to get everything lined up - and I am just about there.

We have 13 boats coming down, and another 20 land yacht people in the condos and hotel. So over 40 in total.

Docktail either above the condos pool or on the docks on Saturday, LaPiazza Cafe over in European Village on Sunday, and BBQ and fireworks on the lawn on Monday. Pools, beach, golf the rest of the time.

We will be down there Friday afternoon to make sure everything is lined up! Leaving Tuesday the fourth.

So stop on by. We will be the boat with all the flags and people on board with funny accents!

WHOO HOO!!!!! I'm a party crasher! Just kidding but would love to meet you! I will absolutely stop by. I'll be on the boat for a few days too to enjoy the holiday.

Back
Top Bottom