Throttle/Shift Cables?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony B

Guru
Vessel Name
Serenity
Vessel Make
Mainship 36 Dual Cabin -1986
Where is the best place to buy throttle and shifter cables in Kemah, Tx. area. I would prefer to buy them locally.

For starters, you can try West Marine, Lakewood Yacht Service and Palmer Power for Teleflex/Morse cables in common lengths. I personally use Pro-X cables from Glendenning and get them straight from the factory in a couple of days. Very high quality, fairly priced and made in the USA. These cables are popular with the sportfish and go-fast crowd. They are low friction and have very low lost motion. Precision cables make your controls very accurate and positive. I have used them for years on everything from sailboats to go-fast boats, and now, even on my little trawler. I have never had to replace one.

Good luck.

LarryM
m/v Boomarang

For starters, you can try West Marine, Lakewood Yacht Service and Palmer Power for Teleflex/Morse cables in common lengths. I personally use Pro-X cables from Glendenning and get them straight from the factory in a couple of days. Very high quality, fairly priced and made in the USA. These cables are popular with the sportfish and go-fast crowd. They are low friction and have very low lost motion. Precision cables make your controls very accurate and positive. I have used them for years on everything from sailboats to go-fast boats, and now, even on my little trawler. I have never had to replace one. Good luck. LarryM m/v Boomarang
+1 on Glendenning!

Back
Top Bottom