Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I am going to paint the surface that is pictured. I will be painting just to the teak half round . There are also some cracks around the hatch and paint marks . How do I handle the cracks and then the paint strok marks . And What product should I use for painting the surface . .. thank you fir your thoughts
Kevin g
Oriental nc

Attachments

• A5023E8F-2B2E-4D16-A0DB-5C4DF8F75B65.jpg
    A5023E8F-2B2E-4D16-A0DB-5C4DF8F75B65.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 48
With good paint a varnish brush will do a good job ,

however if you have a helper google "roll and tip" to see an even better (slightly) method.

Greetings,
Mr. K. 90%+ of a good paint job is preparation. Sand, sand, sand. The existing paint marks and some of the cracks (more below) should just "go away". You will get several suggestions as to what the "best" primer and paint are, so I'll leave that to those with more experience...

Regarding the cracks. They are probably either from degradation of the previous finish OR a structural problem. IF the area around the hatch is flexing, anything you re-apply to that area will crack again so you should eliminate that flex. A whole different job which may be minor or major depending what the cause is.

It appears your FB access is along the starboard, forward end of the area pictured. I would suggest the incorporation of a non-skid material on that area to minimize slipping. You might use one of the stick on non skid sheets or simply mask off that walking area spread a grit (White sand? Walnut shells?) onto the final coat of paint while it is still wet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom