Thought it was a rat but....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Ms. K. Hey. With a cat AND a Yorkie, you should have readily determined that you didn't have rodents. Tsk, tsk on you for not trusting your animals.

200.webp

Mr. RTF, you crack me up!:rofl:

Huh, you think that’s noisy, wait till you get your first steel hull and find yourself in a school of shrimp or parrot fish. Hard to sleep.

Greetings,
Mr. C2. You just might be fortunate in that respect. Perhaps one of the tech gurus can explain this strange shortcoming. Maybe some apple thing is turned off or on or apple just doesn't abide with silliness.

That's utter nonsense. Every woman owner I've ever known has been MORE meticulous about maintenance and repair than most men... we have to be because there are so many jackasses judging us.

It was far more likely to be a man who changed the oil for the PO of your boat. The 3 previous owners of my last boat--all male--were 12v gadget happy...when they bought another toy, they just set it down where they wanted it and spliced into the nearest wire without any regard for wire size needed or what else was on that circuit. I removed 8 of 'em and half a mile of 12v wire...the first time I plugged a handheld spotlight into the chart light receptacle on the flybridge, the starboard engine turned over! One of my dockmates--a man--spilled a bottle of transmission fluid in his bilge...just added water and turned on his bilge pumps--resulting in the predictable oil slick all over that end of the dock. And I have at least a dozen more examples...including a so-called "pro" I hired to change the oil in a previous boat who didn't notice that it was high in the port engine, which is a sure sign in a gas engine of a fuel pump leak (unlike a car, the gas can't just just land on the ground, so they're designed to leak into the crank case). Fortunately a friend who was aboard noticed that the oil pressure in the port engine was dropping in time for me to cut that engine in time to save it.

So just save your snotty judgement about women boat owners for your buddies next time you're all bellied up to the bar...the women owners who are here don't deserve 'em or appreciate 'em one damn bit!

--Peggie

And the best post of the day award goes to you Peggie!

Hey There KnotYourWife,

Many congrats on the new vessel. Looks like a nice home and ride!

I remember when I first bought my boat in LA harbor and went down into the engine room to work the first time and heard a loud crackling from the hull surrounding me. I wasn't sure what to make of it and cut all power and triple checked the battery wires before the switches before realizing it was just my underwater neighbors.

After assuring myself it wasn't being caused by my boat, and eventually coming to the conclusion it was probably normal, I ran over to a neighbor, asked a confirmation, and made him lift his floor so I could hear it on his boat, too.

Still don't know what critters those were. But, you aren't alone.

Enjoy the adventure!

Greetings,
Mr. OD. I've heard some can't see my gifs. I can't see them when I log in with my I-Pad. but I'm fine when on my laptop. Must be an apple thing. Basically it said "you nasty" but I meant that in the nicest way...of course.

200.webp

LOL you are not the first to proclaim me nasty. Usually it is the ladies who call me nasty. LOL

Last edited:
Who is she kidding.. even a rat wouldn't want to crawl around in that crappy engine room!
HOLLYWOOD

Wow, what a false judgment from a few seconds of viewing the er in a bad light. The negative comment is unnecessary, show some class.

Greetings,
Mr. C2. You just might be fortunate in that respect. Perhaps one of the tech gurus can explain this strange shortcoming. Maybe some apple thing is turned off or on or apple just doesn't abide with silliness.

RTF, I used to be able to see your gifs in action, so to speak, but lately have noticed they just come up as a blue square, yet I'm on exactly the same MacBook Air I have used for years. Not sure what has happened, but possibly in some update, settings have been altered, but if so, not by me. I'll look into it.
:confused:

I'm using a Mac, and all RTF's gifs are fine.

Knotyourwife,please ignore the surprising misogyny of our member. Enjoy your boat.
I remember passing a moored boat in a quiet bay and seeing a shrimp nibbling on the transom. Definitely happens.

Greetings,

Mr. I. Thanks. I really don't understand the discrepancy other than it seems to be apple specific. Does anyone have problems seeing my gifs with an I-phone or the non apple-type phone (can't remember the term for that device)?

When you say the gifs are fine I hope you're referring to both the content AND the readability.

I'm not seeing RT embedded items both on my iPhone and Windows OS laptop.

Greetings,
Hmmm...Maybe the problem is on MY end. If that's the case, I have absolutely, positively, unequivocally and totally NO idea how to fix it.

iu

I have no problem seeing your gifts on my windows 7 laptop or my android tablet or android phone, both android's are Samsung.

Gifts= gifs
You have to love auto correction

Greetings,
Mr. CR. Ah. Wearing your Freudian slip are we? Thanks.

AHA! Android phone. THAT'S the non apple phone I was trying to think of...

I’m only seeing half of RT’s gifs on my I-Pad, but every other one on my I-Phone and two of each on my Windows equipped Mac G-5.:popcorn:

Greetings,
Hmmm...Maybe the problem is on MY end. If that's the case, I have absolutely, positively, unequivocally and totally NO idea how to fix it.

iu

This GIF I can see.
On my MacBook Pro.

Greetings,
Mr. OD. Not a gif. Gif's are mini-movies. I think the term for the above is meme.

Maybe that's the issue RT..? Mini-movies = 'live' = ? added security issue re virus and malware..? :socool:

Greetings,
Ms. K (OP). My very humblest apologies for the extreme drift on your "rat" thread. This is NOT an uncommon phenomenon on TF although, I admit, this IS more obtuse than normal.

200.webp

There are jerks on every forum! Time wounds all heels ... ! I'm sure you are going to have some great ideas about how to clean up and organize you new boat. Please share those with us.

Wonder if he has pictures of his bilge - put em up Hollywood!

There are jerks on every forum! Time wounds all heels ... ! I'm sure you are going to have some great ideas about how to clean up and organize you new boat. Please share those with us.

Wonder if he has pictures of his bilge - put em up Hollywood!
To be fair, Hollywood only criticized the ER. Lepke was misogynistic,a greater sin in my view.

Folks, it takes a bit of time to build a callus. SMILE
We are all here for answers and encouragement.
Maybe she is a first time boat owner, maybe a bit of buyer remorse, the thought of taking on an overwhelming project and folks nail her. For shame, for shame. Where is your sensitivity and encouragement? Ah, I know, in your other pants.
Tisk, tisk
I, on the other hand, is sweet and gentle and sensitive and so very so understanding.
Oh, if you believe that, shame on you. LOL
I remember buying a used Nordhavn. I had a great guy working for/with me. Together we removed many yards of wires that connected nothing and bushels of wire ties. With his help, I grew into the boat. By the time the boat was ready for its first long distance voyage, I the boat was ready, and knew all systems and most of the wiring... then some brain dead, yahoo yard worker let the boat fall over on its jacks resulting in a constructive loss.
Did you know, it is against the law to flog yard workers???

I did not know that either, everytime I heard someone mention a meme I would think to myself, what the heck is a meme. I guess I should have just googled it.
Greetings,
Mr. OD. Not a gif. Gif's are mini-movies. I think the term for the above is meme.

Geez you all are tough... I guess I was a touch critical of the condition of the ER..
But there was no mention of gender bias, poking fun at the OP, or anything of the such in my post.
In all honesty I do not remember reading anything by the OP in the past so as to create an opinion in any way regarding the OP.

In other words .. Lighten up Francis!
The post that was made after mine that was gender related was absolute bullshit.

When I went back and actually watched the video in full it reminded me of the first time as a newbie to ocean boats I slept aboard and heard shrimp through the hull in the middle of the night.. and didn't have a clue as to what whas going on

HOLLYWOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom