Things that make you go hmmm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I have seen hundreds of these flags flying on boats in my travels. There is one at the end of my dock now and sever on other docks...maybe about 10 total in the harbor (not all up 24/7) and many that go by on the ICW every day.

Heck... they are becoming popular flying in the back of pickups.

...apparently political flags aren't allowed at the marina, and the marina is serious about it!

America! Marina is free to have those rules in their business place - boater is free to either stay at that marina or leave if you want to fly political flags (and I'm sure it is a broader "no political signs rule)!

I think the fact that the flag triggers certain people says more about them than it does about the person flying the flag.

Greetings,
The only "...big blue and white political flag on sailboat..." I found was:

https://www.breitbart.com/national-...veils-straight-pride-flag-to-fight-gay-fever/

No sailboat though...I suppose the fact that it is Russian AND is about "straight" pride can push some buttons.

I feel the misuse of "Old Glory" on some products IS demeaning to the flag.

For instance:

iu

Last edited:
I think the fact that the flag triggers certain people says more about them than it does about the person flying the flag.

The person flying the flag is looking to trigger a reaction, otherwise why fly it?

The reaction he may be looking for is more support for his stance, as is the case with yard signs. But clearly will receive reactions from both perspectives. Which is also what he may be looking for.

They fly political Flags the same reason somebody would fly a rebel flag or display a Nazi swastika... they want everyone to know what a loser they are

They fly political Flags the same reason somebody would fly a rebel flag or display a Nazi swastika... they want everyone to know what a loser they are

Not necessarily.

I suspect it is more a cry for attention.

Clearly they know who they support so it is not for themselves. It is more a "look at me..."

The majority of course just go on with their lives, they support who they support, and do it quietly.

Not necessarily.

I suspect it is more a cry for attention.

Clearly they know who they support so it is not for themselves. It is more a "look at me..."

The majority of course just go on with their lives, they support who they support, and do it quietly.

Attention, affiliation, provocation . . . I suspect there are a variety of reasons. Bottom line is that in boating—like everywhere else in these troubled times—it’s getting harder to find a politics-free zone.

This ^^^^^ above is probably one of the more douche-baggery-ish statements I've seen on this forum.

Congratulations. :thumb:

The young redneck boys around here are hanging really big flags off the back of their jacked-up trucks and causing problems. The flags are usually the US, don't tread on me, or Trump MAGA. Sometimes all three. People on boats that do the same thing just get an eye roll from me. My plan is to have no flag until I leave the US. Then I will have the appropriately sized flag in both the country's and the US-style and hopefully, flown appropriately.

People that fly a provocative political flag are hiding behind the symbol because they know they can’t adequately formulate an argument on their own. They are seeking protection in the middle of the herd.

:thumb: It is threads such as this one that make one go HMMM

People with a similar interests (boating), bashing another for having a point of view. :banghead:

The young redneck boys around here are hanging really big flags off the back of their jacked-up trucks and causing problems. The flags are usually the US, don't tread on me, or Trump MAGA. Sometimes all three. People on boats that do the same thing just get an eye roll from me. My plan is to have no flag until I leave the US. Then I will have the appropriately sized flag in both the country's and the US-style and hopefully, flown appropriately.

I'm shocked at the greyhairs doing the same crap, nose high lifts, illegal lights in everyone's eyes, no mufflah, flags, tailgating, speeding, aggressive driving. Make morons human again.

Mornings reading the Annapolis paper, back when Nixon went to China, it told the story. The country has been sold-out ever since. These poor dumb-ass yahoos never had a chance.

Oh, wait. This isn't a political forum is it?

Last edited:

I don't fly a political flag. And although I proudly consider myself a redneck, I don't drive a jacked up truck either, not since 1992 anyway.

People that fly a provocative political flag are hiding behind the symbol because they know they can’t adequately formulate an argument on their own. They are seeking protection in the middle of the herd.

Generally... people that make sweeping accusations and assumptions about a large group of people have issues of their own. Why is it so many just have to put down others that don't think just like they do? That is the kind of crap that has started and perpetuated this division that is at the root of most of our problems now.

As far as adequately formulating an argument on my own... yeah, no problem there. Anytime you'd like, chief.

And BTW... those that you look down your nose at like some high and mighty know it all, saying they seek protection in the middle of the herd, are mostly the ones who need NO protection from anyone other than themselves... and are overwhelmingly the ones PROTECTING your uppity ass around the globe while you sit back and mock them for being "patriotic" or proud to display what they believe in.

Congrats on your admission to the douche-canoe club.

Whoaaaa Nellie... While I disagreed with some posts and wore my flag on my shoulder for 23 years, I recognize the contributions of Canadian forces throughout the years.

Unlike some chuckleheaded comments, we all can have reasonable comments whether you agree with or without displaying a strong feeling which way your country should be lead.

Greetings,
Mr. ps. "...without displaying a strong feeling..." That's SO 1950's (when things appeared to be much more civil). Problems then, BUT...now????

There's always more hoopla than substance in public displays..... just refer to to P T Barnum.

One good man (woman) is worth an army of fluff.

Either by flag or post.

It goes on and on and has been proven by the test of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom