Things to do as we wait?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know I might be risking my "man card":socool:, but my wife and her sisters travel all over in pursuit of the perfect shopping experience. They think the mall in Bellevue, Bellevue square is one of the best on the west coast! Follow it up with dinner at Maggiano' right across the street. My guess is your wife need a break!
I personally would much prefer to sit and look at your beautiful new boat than go to a mall!

This thread is a great resource!
Our male Scottish terrier has had a relapse of a chronic medical issue so we are keeping quiet for a few days while local vets help him.
Hopefully we will be out and about again in a day or so..
Many thanks,
Bruce

I just heard on the news tonight that Chuckanut Drive is open again. Nice drive to Bellingham and the Little Cheerful.

I just heard on the news tonight that Chuckanut Drive is open again. Nice drive to Bellingham and the Little Cheerful.

I seem to remember there being a great seafood restaurant on Chuckanut. If it is still operating it would be worth a stop.

I will disagree with Eric. Drive up Chuckanut Drive EARLY and have breakfast at the Little Cheerful Cafe on Holly St. It is by far my favorite breakfast place in the Puget Sound area. Chuckanut Drive is beautiful and a lot of fun in a car that drives well. Do it during the week when there is little traffic.

There are some local wineries in the area that are fun to visit. Small places where you will be met by guys with mud on their boots.

Pt. Townsend is a great idea as is Victoria if you want an overnight. Take the Black Ball from Port Angeles.

I wouldn't take the ferry to the San Juan's if you are looking to take your boat.

If you like seeing cities, go to Seattle. The locks are interesting.

We decided to split the difference.
A late lunch!
Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 39
We are going to miss you this time in La Conner, as we will be playing with grand kids for the next month or so out of country. The Calico Kitchen is hard to beat for breakfast and lunch. The Brewery is good for a wood fired pizza and one of their brown beers.

If you are still in the La Conner / San Juan area in May hopefully we can meet up.

Fred P.............

Oh, and isn't there a Boeing assembly plant in Everett? That's relatively close to you.

Yes - we just did this and it was interesting. Recommended.

Edit - sorry I missed the date, you are likely on the water by now. Hope to see you out and about this Friday-Sunday...?

Best Wishes

Last edited:
Yes - we just did this and it was interesting. Recommended.

Edit - sorry I missed the date, you are likely on the water by now. Hope to see you out and about this Friday-Sunday...?

Best Wishes

We will be moving aboard Saturday! Not sure that we will be "out there" but you never know...
Bruce

Yup, that is a good plan. The Anacortes ferry lands in Sidney BC. A great boater's place. You can check on my vessel and see how the new fly bridge enclosure is coming along. :thumb:
SunChaser - your boat is moored right next to me in Sidney. I've been admiring it since it came in, its beautiful. Do you want some pics ?
I'm on a new to me 1984 Uniflite 42 DC that I brought up from Gig Harbor the first few days of March. Been lurking and reading here for a long time.

Boeing gives tours of their plant in Everett if you are interested in aviation. Vancouver BC in just a couple hours north, they have a big salt water aquarium there. (You will need a passport to get back in the US.) Leave your car at the Anacortes ferry terminal and ride the ferry to Friday Harbor, a one hour ride each way. Costs about $10.00 each to walk on.

Bruce, do you think you will still be in the area during Trawlerfest? That's the middle of May.

Bruce i'm a bit late to this thread and maybe you ran out of time already but just in case: I grew up in that area. note if you don't already know, Seattle proper can be a bear of a traffic jam certain times of the day so plan accordingly. if you do decide to see Pike place market, couple of the best things there are Lowell's for breakfast upstairs with a view of the bay, also the Crumpet Shop.
If you go to Ballard, one of the coolest restaurants even just for lunch is Chinook's at Fisherman's Terminal. it looks out on the marina where all the "deadliest Catch" fishing trawlers come in from far north.
One final secret of the PNW IMHO; there actually is some really good coffee shops (and none of the good ones say "Starbucks" on their sign).... ;)

We are not sure.
We have conflicting desires and are not entirely sure yet
Bruce

Just checking as I may be able to get to trawlerfest this year. Would likely get back to the La Conner/Anacortes area as well and if you were still there...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom