TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That said, my preference would be:
- Simple design that works without creating a double sided flag. This makes it less expensive.
- Nothing complex, such as the TF logo.
- Something that stands a chance of being recognized at a distance with binoculars.

I agree. Simple is good. I'd prefer something without text. I like the Red and Gold color palette to match the logo / site colors

Attachments

• anchor.jpg
    anchor.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 53
I agree. Simple is good. I'd prefer something without text. I like the Red and Gold color palette to match the logo / site colors

Dave - Not bad! However... I would want the acronym "TF" included somehow; for conversational purposes. Hard to get a chat started by saying: Gee let's talk about the stick figure anchor on my burgee!

On two different areas per each side; couldn't they somehow overlay the TF?? I have no idea what it takes to make a flag. Besides stitching, embossing, screened in colors, laminated materials etc...

Only two ways of double siding so it looks correct. They use a single thickness piece of material and push the ink through it to the other side. Mirror image but two sided. Or they print or embroider two pieces of material and sew them together. As far as I have seen those are the only two ways. They won't print each side of a single thickness.

A bit shinier.

Attachments

• anchor TF.jpg
    anchor TF.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 42

Ok, I'll bit -- is a palette the polite French word for hemorrhoids? :blush:

Love all the designs, and Wayfarer’s #214 is great.
Is it possible to put all the designs in a poll and vote on them?

Dave - Not bad! However... I would want the acronym "TF" included somehow; for conversational purposes. Hard to get a chat started by saying: Gee let's talk about the stick figure anchor on my burgee!

On two different areas per each side; couldn't they somehow overlay the TF?? I have no idea what it takes to make a flag. Besides stitching, embossing, screened in colors, laminated materials etc...

Agree
If we just place a T & F along side the anchor shaft the reverse will be mirror image and confusing
This is "rough" but how about something like this...
Make the anchor shaft the center of Both The T & F...
Make them wider / bolder to stand out - will likely want to broaden the whole anchor ( including bottom curve) but I couldn't do that quickly - use your imagination
For the F - add the same size / shape rectangle on both sides of the shaft except R side is contrasting color L side matches background & blends in - Mirror image has same shapes but color differs L & R to emphasize the F

Enlarge / broaden the anchor / logo / letters as large as possible to fill the space - boild & eye catching!
what y'all think??

Attachments

• Anchor Logo Burgee 1.jpg
    Anchor Logo Burgee 1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 39
A bit shinier.

There you go. Winner to me. Didn't think much of the swallowtail types in the past but I do like this. Will have to be double sided though. Coming up with the combo "T" and "F" is difficult. I spent three innings trying to invent it. Always looked like an upside down anchor with training wheels.

That's it. #214. Simple design, Won't offend those snowflakes sensitive to the red, white and blue and should be relative easy and economical to make.

Good ideas Don... Play with it! Thanks for being artistic/creative - Art

Dang that looks really good. Incorporating the TF into the anchor is really nice. Subtle but strong signature. :socool:

Sort of what I had in mind... needs cleaning up but here's the concept...

Attachments

• Anchor Logo Burgee 2.jpg
    Anchor Logo Burgee 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 30
Agree
If we just place a T & F along side the anchor shaft the reverse will be mirror image and confusing
This is "rough" but how about something like this...
Make the anchor shaft the center of Both The T & F...
Make them wider / bolder to stand out - will likely want to broaden the whole anchor ( including bottom curve) but I couldn't do that quickly - use your imagination
For the F - add the same size / shape rectangle on both sides of the shaft except R side is contrasting color L side matches background & blends in - Mirror image has same shapes but color differs L & R to emphasize the F

Enlarge / broaden the anchor / logo / letters as large as possible to fill the space - boild & eye catching!
what y'all think??

Both nice concepts. It's not blatant advertising. That would make the social aspects of our group appear commercial.

Here is an idea for the anchor, "T" & "F" that keeps it single side with the same reading on both sides, maybe wayfarer can impose it on his maroon burgee and save me the trouble of making one...............:hide:

Attachments

• TF.pdf
    8.2 KB · Views: 23
  • TF.jpg
    TF.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 42
I agree, a TF burgee would be a good idea. A club burgee helps members find each other at anchorages, docks, moorings, etc. We flew the Salty Dawg sailing burgee when we were in the Caribbean and members of the Salty Dawg sailing group. It was always a good way to make a connection and start up a conversation, maybe make new friends.

Here is an idea for the anchor, "T" & "F" that keeps it single side with the same reading on both sides, maybe wayfarer can impose it on his maroon burgee and save me the trouble of making one...............:hide:
Rochepoint
I like this one as well and it could be a winner placed on the previous solid TF color background
Only fine tune might be to "beef up" the narrow sections to be a little bolder.

I'm going to get drummed out of the corp for highjacking other peoples art so my apologies. Still playing, rough draft, combined rochepoint's anchor and the nice Bacchus swallowtail. I bulked it up a little and made it thicker as was suggested. Not sure if a logo should be centered on a burgee, offset towards the staff? Tried to make the logo as large as possible but may have gone too far with it. This would work as a one sided burgee, mirror image on other side, which will keep the cost down a bit. Anyway, just another shot at it and again my apologies to rochepoint and Bacchus.

Attachments

• TF Anchor Logo Burgee 2.jpg
    TF Anchor Logo Burgee 2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
I like the originality and different designs. However, I don’t have a spreader to fly multiple burgees, rather I use the bow to display the Canadian courtesy flag, yacht club burgee, or DeFever Cruisers burgee as appropriate. Once the final design is decided, how about also offering it on a T-shirt? My other TF shirt has seen better days.

I like the originality and different designs. However, I don’t have a spreader to fly multiple burgees, rather I use the bow to display the Canadian courtesy flag, yacht club burgee, or DeFever Cruisers burgee as appropriate. Once the final design is decided, how about also offering it on a T-shirt? My other TF shirt has seen better days.

You're going to need a bigger boat. :)

Shouldnt the courtesy flag of another country fly from the starboard spreader halyard if you have a mast, then club burgee from the bow and organizational flags from other spreader halyards?

Shouldnt the courtesy flag of another country fly from the starboard spreader halyard if you have a mast, then club burgee from the bow and organizational flags from other spreader halyards?

Yeah, if you have a mast. Nice thing about my sailboats is that I had spreader halyards to fly burgees and courtesy flags. I think I’m going to get a rail mounted flag pole to mount on my upper starboard rail and use that for the courtesy flag. it would also provide a good spot for a TF burgee when I’m flying my YC burgee.

If anyone has one that they found works really well, let me know. I’ve been thinking about the Sea-Dog or Taylor.

I'm going to get drummed out of the corp for highjacking other peoples art so my apologies. Still playing, rough draft, combined rochepoint's anchor and the nice Bacchus swallowtail. I bulked it up a little and made it thicker as was suggested. Not sure if a logo should be centered on a burgee, offset towards the staff? Tried to make the logo as large as possible but may have gone too far with it. This would work as a one sided burgee, mirror image on other side, which will keep the cost down a bit. Anyway, just another shot at it and again my apologies to rochepoint and Bacchus.

No Drums on this boat, thanks...........:thumb:

Last edited:

Right you are, about the courtesy flag.

There are many different protocols for flag placement if you look for them at Google.

Here in Canada, the club burgee gets the mast head, the Canadian flag gets the gaff or a separate staff on the taffrail, any courtesy flags and secondary club burgees, get the stb spreader or if there are many, both spreaders, the boat manufacturers burgee, a private signal, a provincial flag or a Power Squadron flag gets the bow staff.
On many boats, where there is no mast, everything gets demoted one or several levels, with the bow staff frequently being the only place for all but the National flag, which must be flown prominently at the stern.

Thus a TF burgee would most properly be at the Stb spreader unless demoted by other more senior flags or by lack of options.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom