Taylormade lifetime guarantee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
Just curious.* I have a flat Taylormade fender.* Supposedly these things have a lifetime guarantee on them.* How do I exercise my rights to this guarantee?* Can I just take them to a local retail outlet(ie West Marine) and have them change it out????

There was a long thread in another forum on the subject a couple of years ago. At that time anyway, West Marine or other dealers would take them in without question and give a free replacement no mater how abused or where bought. I have never had one go flat so haven't been able to test the policy. I always*look out for*one discarded*in a marina dumpster I haven't had any luck yet!
Please let us know how it goes with yours.
Steve

If yours is like several of mine, it might be only that the valve needs a little silicone grease. Put some on the needle and poke it in a few times, and repeat. Works for me, unless there's a hole in the fender.

I think it is a hole. We were rafted up to friends when some idiot comes thru the anchorage right at about 11kts and threw off a series of about 3ft waves. The fender did it's job but ended up sacraficing itself.

West Marine will exchange them, I took some back without a receipt and got new ones.

Back
Top Bottom