Tayana Trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris K

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Queen Neptune
Vessel Make
Mainship
I'm looking to move up from my Mainship I 34. Basically size wise. We want to do the loop and maybe snowbird with the boat. So a queen sized bed is a major plus. The admiral is dead set against any boat with a galley in the saloon, Ok salon, but we know what goes on THERE, so galley down is a big must.
While surfing Yachtnet I saw a Tayana sundeck. And the layout struck me as very unusual. Lots of curves in the salon and galley down aft. In my years of boating I've never heard of this 80's brand, and I've been boating long before then! So now I'm very curious and posting for the first time here.

What does the collective brain trust here know about this brand?

There are some interesting notes. I.e. there is 300 gallons of diesel in a FRP tank built into the lower hull for stability and 2 100 gallon saddle tanks.

If it's the same company they build pretty good sailboats

The Sailboat company of the same name builds good quality sailboats. The also build a small motor sailor.

Doesn't seem to be much about them. The listing states only a few dozen were made. Though many more sailboats

Their sail boats have a wonderful reputation for quality, toughness.

Not sure why you want a galley down we are on the final stage of the loop and our galley on the same level as the salon has been awesome for hundred of reasons.

Mainly whoever is cooking is able to be part of the crew and participate and have great outside views at all times and only three steps from the pilothouse.

Also I am only 10' from the fridge for a cold soda or water when underway, however each to their own I certainly wouldn't go with a down galley where it's usually dark and isolated most of the time.

Our galley is at saloon level, but that all is below the helmsman/pilothouse level. Works well. All the shenanigans occur behind and out of sight of the one running the boat. However, while at dock, all levels are social. Craig and I having a discussion atop the forward cabin in ignorance of interior happenings:

232323232%7Ffp7349%3B%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D394959%3C696336nu0mrj

At-dock social hour:

img_260086_1_77b0caace6e5009b0126d2e5f88f559a.jpg

Last edited:
Searched, found sailboats. Can someone post a pic of one?

Searched, found sailboats. Can someone post a pic of one?

Bruce,

Here is a listing for a Tayana 43' Sundeck. They build very good sailboats and I imagine that same quality might be found in their powerboats as well. Should have a beautiful interior too.

Larry
M/V Boomarang

That's a very nice looking ship, and notice the dorade vents on pic 13. Lower helm to port. It's a different design than so many of the other Sundeck setups, but in a good way.

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️

A really good looking and well designed boat.

southen offshore 157

The downside of the arrangement is everybody has to go through the pilothouse to gain the deck. No inside access from the aft deck, which will reduce desirability a bit. Maybe a dumbwaiter from the galley up to the flying bridge (inside the fake funnel?)......

That's got to be the only sundeck cruiser without an ugly sheer.

On that size, style boat I prefer galley down.

The traffic patterns I guess would be similar to a standard model where people head for the flying bridge but in this case probably stop at the sundeck. This non-hardtop, less enclosed sundeck certainly is suited for more mild weather areas...so really depends on primary cruising grounds, seasons and boat use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom