Tablet Mounts Onboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OBXSkipper

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Adagio
Vessel Make
Island Gypsy 32
We have a 12.9 iPad and are looking for a really stable mount, I've used Ram mounts in the past , just not sure if they have anything that will hold the 12.9 or if there is a better alternative ?

We have a 12.9 iPad and are looking for a really stable mount, I've used Ram mounts in the past , just not sure if they have anything that will hold the 12.9 or if there is a better alternative ?

I have ram mounts at helm and bridge. Ipad mini in waterproof case with ball attached to back just snaps into socket at either location. USB outlet near each location for charging. Never had an issue with stability.

I've always been really happy with my Ram on my smaller iPad, pretty much bulletproof on a slow moving vessel. Trying to source something along the same lines for the 12.9 iPad with case.

Does anyone use a magnetic mount? Brand/Model?

I traveled with an excellent delivery captain a few years ago who used a mount from a company called “SeaSucker”. I bought one to use when cruising on a charter in the PNW, and it is very, very good. Great holding power (windshield, dash, any flat clean surface), suction cup grips the iPad (mine is also a 12.9) and also the surface on which it’s mounted. Flexible positioning. Excellent. Hope this helps.

Thanks John and thanks for the link, very interesting, wonder hold it holds up long term ? With tablet navigation gaining in popularity I'm sure we will have more options, if I go this route I will definitely give some feedback here. Thanks

We use a ram mount for the 12” iPad Pro in our pilot house. It works well, using the larger ball size because of the weight. Would buy again.

We use SeaSucker as well. We use it for our nav tablet on the dinghy. Holds tight with no worries. We use it in the galley and on the flybridge. Terrific product. Jim

I ordered one the other day, judging by the remarks sounds like it should workout well, Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom