T-shirts and jeans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Sixty years ago, our standard dress was white T-shirts and blue jeans. What memories!

On the left, my brother, the most handsome of us who passed away some thirty years ago, next my cousin, then me, and then my pal-cousin who has passed more recently, and lastly the cousin who is a successful Texas attorney. Probably my paternal grandfather's favorite photograph.

Treasure the memories!

The handsome brother looks remarkably like my Son. He too passed away, but a little over a year ago (age 22) I will probably never completely recover from that. RIP
Mark, you weren't a bad looking guy either.

Sorry for your loss Capn Craig. That's got to be tough.

So sorry to hear that Capn Craig. I can't imagine what you've gone through.

My condolences Capn Craig. I know I would never recover from such a loss.

Bill

Freinds,
You'll never get "over" it, just learn to cope with it a little at a time.
Every one's time and rate differs.
Experience tells.
Lost our daughter of 23 years 26 years ago, still comes out of the
background every once in a while when I'm not expecting it.
Lost my wife of better than 51 years, Sunday morning May 7,2017.

Sorry, can't say more now, can hardly see the keys

Ted

We're so sorry, Ted. We can't imagine what you must be going through. We hope you lean and gather strength on the good people in our family, this forum.

Yes, this one and a larger family and "extended family"and friend
group than I ever expected that I have:blush::thumb::cry::Thanx::Thanx::Thanx::Thanx:

Ted

Ted, so sorry for your loss. Savor the memories.

One of my memories with my brother was when our father (former POW) rented us a rowboat at Clear Lake, CA. The wind was howling and we ventured out without PFDs. We were expendable! Unlike subsequent generations. No? But I thank him for introducing me to boating.

Last edited:
Capt Craig and Capt Ted,

I'm sure we all feel your pain, but most of us never expect to bury a son or daughter, so we can't imagine the pain, which has to be the hardest of all.

And Ted, the loss of a wife of 51 years just recently brings tears to my eyes.

Sometimes we get dealt things that hurt and the loss of a loved one hurts the most. We expect to grieve our parents passing, and we hope to pass before our spouse, but really hope to never grieve the loss of a child.

Our hearts are out to both of you.

Sweatshirts and jeans in the winter. I never wore a button shirt in HS.

Capt Craig and Ted, I cannot begin to fathom your loss. I just got home ten minutes ago from officiating my mothers funeral, the toughest thing I have done in my life to this point. 9 months ago I officiated my eldest sons marriage on the cliffs of Santa Cruz, the second biggest joy of my life. I expect the birth of my first granddaughter in less than thirty days.

The Lord gives and takes away but I pray my children, grandchildren and spouse outlive me. If either of you two ever feel compelled to talk I'll pm my phone number.

Peace be with you both.

Ted,

So sorry for your loss. As others have said, lean on your friends here at TF whenever needed. ?

Back
Top Bottom