Old 12-14-2016, 04:52 AM   #1
Guru

Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37
New long range cruising brand

Boat name Seafaring 44

think of living for sharing this. me a brand new, very interesting fuel economy of 44 feet 10 knots 2.6 gal hours, if the information is true. boat built in Slovenia in Europe in the Mediterranean Sea.

Seafaring Yachts | Long range ECO cruising trawlers

yputube clip

https://youtu.be/KfmomD6dYx0
North Baltic sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
Guru

Forgive me for beginning the day on a negative note but that thing is simply not attractive!
Sometimes I react negatively to a design and given time, I will come around but this one is a stretch. I will be interested in seeing what others think...
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:24 AM   #3
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
Forgive me for beginning the day on a negative note but that thing is simply not attractive!
Sometimes I react negatively to a design and given time, I will come around but this one is a stretch. I will be interested in seeing what others think...
Bruce
I personally find traditional design, therefore, acquired the NT. design line in Europe is of this type of vessel. Azimunt mangelon, Cranchi eco trawler, Delta Power Boats, Green line etc. claimed by Skandinaviska luxsus hotel interior. maybe I'm old-fashioned and therefore not my thing. fuel consumption and high-speed I might want for her?

How does your new tug progress has been made? Point the new year and get him in the spring.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:28 AM   #4
Guru

The new Tug is moving along... engine has been fitted and is now out again for final dressing of the mounting platforms.
We should get her in late March or early April!
Bruce
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:54 AM   #5
Guru

City: Hernando Beach
Vessel Model: Seaway
I can appreciate the design

Hi North Baltic:
All respect to Bruce, but I like the vessel (the trawler version). Hull design is somewhat similar to the Great Harbour TT35 that we have ordered... fuel efficiency is a wonderful thing.

Above the hull, it is my opinion that the 360 degree line of sight is often overlooked by boat designers who create a single-helm vessel. I can see how the huge windows make her look less than traditional, but I like them. And with that number of solar panels on the roof, I can envision weeks away from a dock.

Her modern interior is very European, but appears to be very well planned. Huge stateroom. I always find it interesting to see what different naval architects think will appeal to the new boat buyers market. Thanks for sharing this brand.

Pea
Miz Trom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #6
Guru

City: Tampa, FL
Not the MOST attractive boat I've seen, but far from the worst.
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM   #7
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Trom View Post
Hi North Baltic:
All respect to Bruce, but I like the vessel (the trawler version). Hull design is somewhat similar to the Great Harbour TT35 that we have ordered... fuel efficiency is a wonderful thing.

Above the hull, it is my opinion that the 360 degree line of sight is often overlooked by boat designers who create a single-helm vessel. I can see how the huge windows make her look less than traditional, but I like them. And with that number of solar panels on the roof, I can envision weeks away from a dock.

Her modern interior is very European, but appears to be very well planned. Huge stateroom. I always find it interesting to see what different naval architects think will appeal to the new boat buyers market. Thanks for sharing this brand.

Pea

Congratulations to the new boat!

An interesting acquaintance for your upcoming GH. Handling children to play with two machines far apart. In addition to an indoor area larger if I see correctly. when the ship is aging, the possible unpleasant smells outside in the back.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 AM   #8
Guru

City: Gulf Shores, Ala.
Vessel Name: Ulysses
Vessel Model: Romsdal 1963
No matter the looks, how does one come up with the "long range" portion of the description when tankage is less than 400 gals.
ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #9
Guru

City: Satsuma FL
Vessel Name: No Mo Trawla
Vessel Model: Hurricane SS188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
No matter the looks, how does one come up with the "long range" portion of the description when tankage is less than 400 gals.
Marketing!

Really, is there a distance definition for LRC? I would think LRC means ability to do 2000 miles with full tanks.
Donsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:24 AM   #10
Guru

City: Kitimat, North Coast BC
Vessel Name: Badger
Vessel Model: 30' Sundowner Tug
I got two fuel totals from the website, the other being 460 US gallons. They claim 3400nm @7.5 knots and/or 1750nm @ 10 knots with a 230hp 6 cylinder Steyr engine.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:54 AM   #11
Guru

City: Gulf Shores, Ala.
Vessel Name: Ulysses
Vessel Model: Romsdal 1963
Original Post stated 2.6 gph at 10 knots. Given a Fuel tankage of 375 gals. and then applying the math I come up with a estimated range of about 1300 miles. I guess marketing does indeed influence the LRC designation.
ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #12
Guru

City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48 (sold)
Geez, this is a tough crowd. Not everybody is smitten with NA logic where tankage has to be trans Pacific. LRC is indeed an area specific term. Check out trans Med or across the English channel or from Oslo to Copenhagen. European LRC of 1000 nm or so works for me.

Not all of the world has cheap fuel either. Heck I use it for ballast!
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
I'll take rich and romatic over "homogenized" every time, but realize I'm a dying breed.

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #14
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
The Trawler version has some features that look pretty nice. As with most boats, if it was me I would have made compromises a bit differently. Still, I like the view and the efficiency.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #15

City: Comox
Vessel Model: 1989 Wellington 57 motorsailer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysses View Post
Original Post stated 2.6 gph at 10 knots. Given a Fuel tankage of 375 gals. and then applying the math I come up with a estimated range of about 1300 miles. I guess marketing does indeed influence the LRC designation.
We are in a "post-truth" era.
Nightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #16
Guru

City: Adelaide
Vessel Name: Kokanee
Vessel Model: Cuddles 30 Pilot House Motor Sailer
I'm not sold on the looks of the boat either. The "verticalness" of hull puts me off. I like curved lines, but straight lines are cheaper to build, and appear to be the current trend.
AusCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:49 PM   #17
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
I don't think the styling is too terribly bad. Beneteau and Jeanneau are right in line with this styling. You do get a lot of space from the squareness of everything. I do remember seeing a Jeanneau powerboat at a boat show. I think it was the 34. I absolutely love how these boats interiors open up to the aft deck. The 34 had a convertible piece of furniture that flipped around and made the aft deck huge and comfortable(while at the same time compromising the interior space...but you aren't using it at that moment anyway).
Anyway, I am one of those boaters that still enjoys....BOATING. It is whatever gets you out on the water that is important....and I don't care if it is a crappy $2000 22ft Bayliner(no offense to my Bayliner friends....I just had one particular model in mind).
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #18

City: SanFran
I like the open design created with the large amounts of glass, I like the efficient hull design, and the modern clean interior.

Would like to see more range, and more details on the build - but right now I'm having a tough time accessing the company web site for some reason. The Youtube videos look good. Seems ideal for the Med.
LRC58Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:27 PM   #19
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Baltic sea View Post
Boat name Seafaring 44

think of living for sharing this. me a brand new, very interesting fuel economy of 44 feet 10 knots 2.6 gal hours, if the information is true. boat built in Slovenia in Europe in the Mediterranean Sea.

Seafaring Yachts | Long range ECO cruising trawlers

yputube clip

https://youtu.be/KfmomD6dYx0
Have there been any actually built?
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #20
Guru

City: Vermont
At 7500 kg, it's one of the lightest 44' boats I've ever heard of.