swim platform ladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

virgilio guma

i just bought my 10th boat this time a 2002 carver 444 cpmy. my wife and i ( both over 80 yrs old) are having great difficulty in getting back on board to the platform on the " normal" small ladder available .its IMPOSSIBLE..so i figured if i could install a 5 or 6 step folding ladder that i could have installed at say a 45 degree angle to reduce the force required to go up the ladder , would probably resolve the problem , the question is HOW TO MAINTAIN THE LADDER AT A 45 DEGREES :confused:(OR THEREABOUTS) ANGLE..?? any ideas please ..thank you..

I have not seen any boat mounted boarding ladders that have much of an angle to them. They do make some for permanent mount on docks. I would look for something that is deployable from the water and has a rail handle so you can grip it above the platform. And always wear at least an inflatable PFD. Never can tell when you slip and end up in the water. I have ones for my wife and myself with PLBs on them. We don’t swim like we used to.

A bit more information might be helpful. Is this your model? Where are you trying to board from? What type of docks do you have - floating or otherwise? Or are you trying to board from the water?

If it's a CPMY, not sure what the issue is. If it were an old school motoryacht, I'd understand better.

Peter
Screenshot_20230217_172843_DuckDuckGo~2.jpg

We're in our 70s, both with recent multiple major orthopedic surgeries, and we find that a knotted line tied to the transom handrail, and long enough to just hang over the edge of the swim platform, makes getting out of the water or dinghy much easier.

It might provide an interim assist while you develop a more suitable handrail/ladder.

Back
Top Bottom