SW Florida trawler Charter reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John G.

Hi, I am looking to charter a Grand Banks in Sarasota area. Does anyone have a reference, pro or con? Condition of boats, company support, etc. Any particular company stand out? Thank you!

We have chartered from Jung in Bradenton and Southwest out of Ft. Meyers. I had no complaints for either. They both had well maintained boats and friendly staff. This was 2008 and 2009. Airport and rental car services are good for both. We chartered in July when they had great deals on rates, Jung had a free fuel deal, but you have to love the heat in July to do that. In the summer there aren't many people cruising down there, its great!

I briefly owned a 1988 GB 36 "MV Outta Here" I sold it to Jung Charters who put it in their fleet, I have no idea if it is still there.
I did a Charter/ trawler school for a week with SW Florida Yachts years ago and found their boat and personell very good.
There is some great cruising in the area.

We chartered a Krogen 42 from SW Fla Yacht Charters and they are an excellent outfit. They're near Ft Myers and had a GB 42 in the fleet as of March of this year. The Krogen had some minor issues, but the other boats looked very well maintained and the overall level of service was great. Good luck.

I briefly owned a 1988 GB 36 "MV Outta Here" I sold it to Jung Charters who put it in their fleet, I have no idea if it is still there.
I did a Charter/ trawler school for a week with SW Florida Yachts years ago and found their boat and personell very good.
There is some great cruising in the area.

Jung Charters

John

Do not do it. I chartered a trawler there in the last century (SW Florida) and look at what happened. An all consuming passion, 25,000 miles or so of cruising, retirement and friends all over the world.

Have fun. The west coast of Florida is a great area to charter in. Enjoy the moorings off Sarasota and be sure to go south as the trip to Ft. Meyers is well worth it with wonderful islands and anchorages.

Marty

Have fun. The west coast of Florida is a great area to charter in. Enjoy the moorings off Sarasota and be sure to go south as the trip to Ft. Meyers is well worth it with wonderful islands and anchorages.

Marty

+1:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom