Suggestions on makes/models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am looking for a flybridge coastal cruiser with at least two cabins. (Don't like bunk beds though) Won't be fishing but would like to be able to accomodate 2 couples for extended cruising and alot of anchoring out. Boat will likely be purchased in North America, but then relocated to SE Asia for cruising.

Due to shipping constraints, the vessel needs to be under 38'6" LOA and can be easily reduced to overall height of less than 15'.

Engines need to be diesel, either Cummins, Yanmar, Perkins or Lehmans

Air-conditioning is a must.

Budget: Up to $60k for a turn-key vessel.

In addition to the above requirements, some preferences include:

Prefer Northern Lights generator.

Love teak wood interiors, but teak exterior not good under tropical sun

Prefer molded stairs, but find "Europa" exterior access appealing.

Freshwater kept would be a big bonus!

Already quipped with davit, solar with lithium batteries and a bow thruster would be nice!

Any suggestions on models on which I should focus? Most intersting I have found so far was a Gulfstar 38 but it sold before I got to see it.

You are certainly asking a lot from your $60,000. Any boat in that price range filling all your requirements will most certainly have some "history". Transporting to S.E. Asia will probably
be 30 to 40 thousand. You need a very reliable boat to take on an expedition like that. Just saying...

Personally, I think you need to plan on spending more for the boat. Recharge your bank account over the next few years, then look at S.E. Asia

pete

I agree that your budget may be a bit light if you are looking for a ready to go boat with diesels. However, good luck in your search and welcome aboard.

Due to shipping constraints, the vessel needs to be under 38'6" LOA and can be easily reduced to overall height of less than 15'.

Engines need to be diesel, either Cummins, Yanmar, Perkins or Lehmans

Air-conditioning is a must.

Budget: Up to $60k for a turn-key vessel.

Prefer molded stairs...

Turn-key and $60K in the same sentence doesn't sound likely.

I think molded stairs to the flybridge didn't really come on until mid-90s... Carver, Silverton, Mainship, Sea Ray, Meridian, Luhrs, Maxum, maybe Cruisers... not sure about West Coast Bayliners. (Dunno about potential "trawler" brands with stairs, other than Mainship.)

You might look at Bayliner 3588 (something like that) to maybe meet your LOA limit. Probably Hino diesels, though, and I doubt flybridge stairs.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom