Sucia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keithmilton

Veteran Member
can any one advise about the crowding in Echo Bay expected labor day weekend
and
once all the anchoring buoys are full can in anchor safely closer to the beach?

It will be packed that weekend. It is the most popular park in the islands.The bay is fairly shallow, so don't get to close to the beach at the head of the bay. Even at the docks there is only about 4-5 feet at low tide. Good luck.

There were 40 boats in Echo last Thursday, 8 in Shallow and a bunch in fossil. I would expect Labor Day to be busy..

It will be crowded. I believe there is an eel grass protection zone closer in too with no anchoring allowed.

We were in echo bay a week ago Sunday night. I counted 60 boats. But there was still plenty of room, though quite the culture shock. Other times I've been it's typically just us and the coat guard boat on its mooring. But that's obviously off season.

Wow, Labor Day already. . . . If there is any forecast of significant wind, a crowded Echo bay can be brutal. With boats dragging anchor and fouling each other. Just be prepared, because all the amateur boaters and crazies come out that weekend.

Fossil bay has a little more weather protection and good anchorage outside of the mooring buoy pattern. No minus tides that weekend, but stay well clear of the beach like a previous post said.

Was in echo bay last Tuesday and Wednesday , averaged 40 boats in there but there's plenty of room. wind picked up every night but no problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom