Sturgeon anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a magnificent fish! Thanks for posting that.
Do they free jump in that part of the world?
Here in Florida they injure several boaters each year jumping into boats.
I think a little girl was killed by a flying sturgeon not too long ago.
Sturgeon Return to Florida's Suwannee River

HopCar; said:
What a magnificent fish! Thanks for posting that.
Do they free jump in that part of the world?
I think FlyWright is the go to sturgeon guy, so maybe he can tell you but, to my knowledge the Pacific (White) Sturgeon don't jump.

What I think is really neat about this guy and his old kin, is that for most of their lives they have been able to outsmart us and stay out of somebody's freezer.

I could get all preachy about hooking a finger in grampa's cheek and dragging him around the neighbourhood for YouTube but...

Anyway, here's some more pics 'n' stuff;
Fraser River Sturgeon Fishing in Vancouver, BC

We often see large sturgeon in the beam of our imaging sonar in the Fraser River at Mission and also at Qualark Creek, upstream of Hope. The Qualark team recorded images of Sturgeon catching pink salmon. Some of these fish exceed 3 metres in length.
Very cool, thanks Jim.

I have to put in a plug for my friend, FlyWright! With his guidance, my daughter caught her first fish. The beast was 84" long. We can only take sturgeon between 40" and 60". So back it went with a sore mouth!

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1464891422.824062.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1464891457.389981.jpg

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1464891474.023142.jpg

They jump here, too. It can be very frustrating to see them jumping all around the boat and not a single bite. Never heard of anyone getting injured, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom