Strange lookin boat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wanderin Star

Veteran Member
Driving down Interstate 94 towards Chicago, saw in a boat graveyard, a boat that looked kinda cool but couldn't tell much about it zipping along at 75 MPH.
I can maybe get a picture next time I go that way if I can avoid an 18 wheeler enema. It kinda looked like a Carver or Trojan without the step down forward deck, but the whole front was glass. Facing the highway so I couldn't tell anything about the aft end.
May try to get a closer look (off the Interstate) but I don't want to go that deep into a rebuild so I'm not buying from a graveyard, but I might be interested if I can find something like it on the water. Any ideas? I know not too much to go on.

I don't really want to hijack this thread but I just had to post pics of this odd/ugly houseboat we spotted on Lake Pleasant, AZ.

img_387846_0_44471b65bb1d42659758db5ffafdbddf.jpg

img_387846_1_3a115b124eab0d40104fea995948fb23.jpg

I don't really want to hijack this thread but I just had to post pics of this odd/ugly houseboat we spotted on Lake Pleasant, AZ.

img_387888_0_44471b65bb1d42659758db5ffafdbddf.jpg

img_387888_1_3a115b124eab0d40104fea995948fb23.jpg

A face only a mother could love. :nonono:

Strange

No, it wasn't that one. Waaay too big. Focus. THis was more in 30-35 ft range. Do you fly Delta, involuntarily, to Cuba?

I've flown to Cuba.... heck I was driving the plane.... OK, that was in the 80's...

"Hey, it's a HOUSEboat ... have you ever seen a good looking houseBOAT? :rofl:"

Unquestionably.

Almost all the TRUMPHY 60 -90ft boats were at the time called properly ,houseboats , and most are Eye Candy today.

It IS a houseboat! Stopped by today. Found the frontage road and drove right to it. It's about a 40 ft River Queen, really bad shape. Thought the bottom was painted red, but nay nay, it's steel, and rusted. Side windows broken out and boarded up, twin I/O, with steering knuckles missing, but it has a flybridge! A real project boat......

It IS a houseboat! Stopped by today. Found the frontage road and drove right to it. It's about a 40 ft River Queen, really bad shape. Thought the bottom was painted red, but nay nay, it's steel, and rusted. Side windows broken out and boarded up, twin I/O, with steering knuckles missing, but it has a flybridge! A real project boat......

Oh no......not me. Been there done that, learnt my lesson.

Back
Top Bottom