The story of the day (bad but good at the end...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, what I meant by bad trip was that the experience of taking water while underway is something not pleasant, stressful and made me worrying a lot. Things are now fixed so should not be an issue anymore and I was lucky not to be far from the dock. If I would have been at 2h from the marina I don't think I would have been able to do it, either bilge pump would have died or boat would be on flame because of exhaust temperature as it received no water anymore. Or maybe I would have dropped the anchor, stop everything and try to fix it with what is aboard, I will never know and honestly I don't want to know :D

Being on the boat is certainly a great pleasure by itself.
Mr RTF as you said now our plan is not a full round trip anymore but more going to midway, like colonel By island, mess around in the lake and be back or something like this. I love Chaffeys lock so I ay go there for a night and turn around, we will see, no more clear plan we will take it day by day :) Easy going!

L.

All

Which leads me to give your my major rule of mechanics: find a good one, treat him right, never quibble about his pay and if you really like his work give him a tip from time to time. My main mechanic move to Florida's west coast and I gave him a few $100.00 bills, he looked shocked. I told him in case he comes back. ��

We became friends after his third trip to my boat, he arrived the first time a real PIA. In time he learned to love coming to my boat and I got excellent service.

All

Which leads me to give your my major rule of mechanics: find a good one, treat him right, never quibble about his pay and if you really like his work give him a tip from time to time. My main mechanic move to Florida's west coast and I gave him a few $100.00 bills, he looked shocked. I told him in case he comes back. ��

We became friends after his third trip to my boat, he arrived the first time a real PIA. In time he learned to love coming to my boat and I got excellent service.

I much agree!

Back
Top Bottom