Storm alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's looking downright nasty cat 1 to 2 in North Carolina, how are you holding up Ron? This assumes there are any means of communications out of the area?
Bill

It's times like this where it's nice to have a KVH Fleet broadband unit on the vessel, when all else fails the SATS generally work unless the rain attenuation is too heavy.
Even a Mini M would be nice.
Bill

We made it through the storm just fine. The water rose three feet or so from what it is now but it ever got over the dock. The boat didn't rock at all, the only sound was the rain and the cockpit bimini frame rattling. There are still some wind gusts at 8:30 AM.

The TV station is showing their normal useless daytime programming so I assume there wasn't a lot of serious damage other places. I will have to remember to call marinas in advance to make sure they are open and undamaged.

Glad to hear you and your wife are fine so far Ron.
I was concerned when I saw the national news this morning.
Bill

Last edited:
Greetings,
Arthur is past us now. Just expecting more rain for the rest of the day. Happy Fourth of July everyone. {EDIT} Sun's out....

Last edited:
Glad to hear you and your wife sre fine so far Ron.
I was concerned when I saw the national news this morning.
Bill
Thanks Bill. I turned on the TV (I'm only getting one station plus public TV) and they weren't talking about the storm so I figured not much happened. Maybe I should turn it on again.

We have sunshine and a few clouds but still strong wind gusts. We already paid for Friday night so we'll pull out Saturday morning.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404480187.038113.jpg
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1404480252.831310.jpg

All clear here in Wilmington. No damage thankfully. Did find my cabin leaks though. Oy Vey!

Great news, guys. Glad your vessels and occupants were not put at so much risk. Cruise-on!

It's raining up here in NJ otherwise no wind. It sounds like North Carolina took the brunt of the storm.
Bill

Sothern NJ actually had just as bad or worse winds all week...southerlies for some reason and strong enough to sink a Sea Craft twin outboard last night.

Just got back from raising it and towing it to my marina.

Pretty sad when a boat sinks from regular conditions and doesn't even wait for the hurricane...:D

Sothern NJ actually had just as bad or worse winds all week...southerlies for some reason and strong enough to sink a Sea Craft twin outboard last night.

Just got back from raising it and towing it to my marina.

Pretty sad when a boat sinks from regular conditions and doesn't even wait for the hurricane...:D
We have the winds now just gusting....
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom